DRL LED lights installed

Just finished installing DRL LED lights, had to remove bumper. While l was in there I cleaned all radiators, corrected mesh grill installation, tightened and adjusted other bits and pieces.

5426f0f4-b451-4bea-838c-e07fd886cee5_zps

20140726_194951_resized_zps0f35b41a.jpg

20140726_194842_resized_zps29f60e8a.jpg

20140725_185658_resized_zpsdec402f8.jpg

20140725_190419_resized_zps6c40a07b.jpg

Those radiators don't look blocked at all!!!!! . I don't understand how Porsche, who pride themselves on attention to detail, don't put proper mesh over the overly exposed radiators & AC condensers. My 996, 997 & both 991's had no mesh but it comes standard on the GT3? It's the same configuration for all P cars so why not mesh across the board? a sheet of alloy mesh sprayed black cost $28 from super cheap, surely this could be absorbed on cars that's cost over $250 K new.

They have been cleaned 12 months ago before I had the mesh installed, they were much worse. Totally agree with you about having them standard fitment from new. The mesh also protects them from flying stones and rocks which could potentially damage an expensive radiator.

Nice work Jim!

Agree on the radiator mesh. I think its just bastardry on Porsches part. Perhaps they make a fortune on radiator replacements?

One drive in the GT2 down our way would see half an hours work cleaning the ducts of leaves. Ended up making a fitting for the vacuum cleaner that gave good results.

The 993 Turbo doesn't have the same issue, another reason to love it.

Nice work Jim!

Agree on the radiator mesh. I think its just bastardry on Porsches part. Perhaps they make a fortune on radiator replacements?

One drive in the GT2 down our way would see half an hours work cleaning the ducts of leaves. Ended up making a fitting for the vacuum cleaner that gave good results.

The 993 Turbo doesn't have the same issue, another reason to love it.

"Perhaps they make a fortune on radiator replacements"

Now Porsche wouldn't do that would they !! :unsure::wacko::lol:

Really need to remove bumper and radiator covers to get to the back and do a proper clean.

Otherwise the radiators could corrode from all the rubbish being wedged in there. 

Archived