THE PRICE ?????

Metzi

Hi Guys, I was wondering why the Porsche is more than double the price here in Australia as opposed to the USA, even though the OZ dollar is at a 28 year high with the greenback?

It would be great if someone could clear this up for me, I’m at a complete loss.

Hi Guys, I was wondering why the Porsche is more than double the price here in Australia as opposed to the USA, even though the OZ dollar is at a 28 year high with the greenback?

It would be great if someone could clear this up for me, I’m at a complete loss.

I posted a similar question on 1/1/2011 regarding importing from the UK, still a right hand drive. A Boxster S costs £43000.00GBP ($70000) even with import duty, LCT, GST, shipping etc (approx $30000) it is still $43000 cheaper!! Why???

MArk

Hi Guys ,

here is a link to a story appearing today in Canada about Porsche pricing. the interesting thing is that the Canadian dollar is very similar in value to AUD. I dont know about duty rates etc in Canada, I do know ours are quite high in comparison but I think the car companies are doing quite well..... :blink::blink:

My link

Cheers

C

I stopped into a car yard in Sydney yesterday and saw an early 2002 boxster S with 70000 km on the clock for $42,999. Not sure who or when but it looks like someone will be laughing at me whilst spending my hard earned money.

Archived