Changing front indicator / turn signal bulb ? 944.1

tscott

I probably should have sourced a manual by now, but I've just had a blinker bulb go and I'm not sure how to get the bulb out I took the screws out of the lens cover, but it just wobbles a little, and looks too big to come out from behind the front of the impact bar-thing,

From behind I can unplug the assembly, but it looks like a fair amount of fiddly work to pull out the whole assembly.

Is there an easy way to change the bulb ?

Did you remove the cover over the blinker and parking light/secondary high beam, there is a screw located under the rubber bump pad to remove it then 3 screws to remove the cover, can't help from there as I haven't had to change a blinker bulb yet.

I have a Haynes manual and it only shows and American car with those horrible long bump pads. Sorry to anyone who has one. :ph34r:

Try this, as taken from owners manual. Hope it helps.....

Front Direction Indicators

1.  Slacken screw on rubber buffer with a screwdriver and remove buffer. Then slacken screws on lamp trim and remove trim.
  2. Loosen the recessed head screws of the bulb lens and remove bulb.
  3. Press the defective bulb into the socket and turn to the left (bayonet base).
  4. Take out bulb and replace. 5.  Press the bulb into socket, turn to the right until the pins snap in.
  6. Replace lens and tighten the screws alternately.
  7. Replace lamp trim and tighten screws. Then replace rubber buffer and tighten screw.
  8. Check operation of lights.

Archived