Hi PFAers

I'm totally new to the Porsche experience.

Recently bought my first car a 1984 3.2 carerra targa gulf blue unmolested. Goes without saying, why did I wait soooo long?

I rode Motorcycles for years and now with a family two children etc the Porsche does it in spades. My wife poo-hooed the purchase but now getting the P car out is loved by all. Even a trip to school in the mornings is total excitement - the higher the revs changing gears is not quite as loud as the shrills emanating from the back seats. Or the dands for ... Dad go faster, FASTER... So breeding young Porsche lovers down here on the South Island.

I am looking for an OME rear spoiler with rubber edge and wiper/motor as this is the only using part. Any help appreciated.

Jack

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks crew for all the kind words.

I'm based in the northern end of Tas - Launceston.

We had a clear blue sky day 19degrees and as I had a meeting in Devonport this am the choice of transport was porsche 911.

Took the back roads Frankfort hwy Long Plains Bridgenorth and I'm still buzzing from the switch backs, hill climbs, descents, a total Targaesque experience... and the pulling power of a 30 year old 3.2 lt German power house!!!! How good are these cars!!!!

Work is not work when you have thi msuch fun just driving there and back. I felt a tinge guilty as I parked the car in the shed at the end of the day.

I'm planning a week driving thru the Vic Alps and country side in feb 2016 post Phillip island Superbikes. For starters we have a 993 turbo, a 2010 GT3 and my 1984 3.2 careera... We used to do the pilgrimage on motorcycles but now we've added a few more wheels. Still love our bike racing and chilling out on Phillip Island.

Any interested attendees welcome.

Cheers

Msponge

• 2 weeks later...

Addiction is going well.

Just tonight added period correct centre caps in black anodize on the Fuchs. Thanks to Smule.

And, bought a rear spoiler from a Sydney Porsche collectors hat is in mint condition with every grill, screw, washer, gas strutt and seal... Which shall takes the 1984 blue meanie to 99.9% original. Cheers Msponge Jack

Archived