registration query

You would have to have a CRN (customer reference number) created at her address for you.

Then you should be fine for rego.

So what are you buying? and how come you don't want it nsw registered; to avoid the yearly inspections??

You'll still need a roadworthy to transfer it from the other owners name into yours...

I am located in northern nsw but may be wanting to purchase a car in qld.

Is it possible to have a qld registered car with a nsw hone address? especially being so close to the border, I am hoping for an easy solution

Thx.

No

If my daughter lives in qld (which she does), can I own it at her address? Or would she have to own it

Yes.  She doesn't have to own it.  The registered owner doesn't have to be the actual owner - registration doesn't prove ownership as they say on the back.  All you *technically* need is a QLD address to receive the notices at.  Legally you're supposed to live in the state.  

QLD wouldn't care less because they are getting your money.  NSW police might start to question you if they keep seeing it driving around.  Getting some PPQ plates in different colours helps throw them off the scent :)

Archived