How's My Dizzy?

poli84

Can someone with experience, please tell me if this dizzy and rotor look OK or time for a replacement?

They look dirty but I'm not sure what a used and OK dizzy and rotor look like.

I can't find any records in the cars history of dizzy replacement although the HT leads and spark plugs were changed in the last 10,000km

Thanks!

Unknown_zps6843084f.jpeg

Unknown-1_zpsc3d04928.jpeg

i would

the carbon deposit on the top of the rotor button, and on the inside of the terminals. You can clean them up but I'd just replace them, I did mine last service, they're not that expensive (unless you have two of them lol)

On a 964 i think you're meant to check the little rubber belt that joins the two distributors together as it gets destroyed by ozone, but i'll wait for an owner to come by and comment on that

The Dizzy from what I can see looks OK they all get a bit arched and dirty after a period of time. Each of the pins dont look undercut and the carbon buttons appaers to have a round end, so for methe cap is servicable. the rotor button i canot tell they will erode and changing them is cheep.

a Little tip with dizzys is to keep them clean and if you worried run the car at night in the darkest spot and look for cross arcing.

As for the 964/993 twin dizzy unit. the belt on mine is going to be changed at next service.

Thanks for the advice guys, much appreciated.

For the little cost, I think I will change both dizzies and rotors given I am about to do an order from Pelican.

Next service, I'll have the belt looked at too. 

Order a belt while you at it. the freight will be the same.

I will be interested to know how much the overall cost is. I am going to the states latter in the year and l am to bring home a pile of bits back, door seals and a piece of trim for the boot.

Reading a DIY for a dizzy belt and I think it is out of my league/I don't want to take on that responsibility.

Will leave it for a service and thus, no point ordering the part online as it is a cheap part (less than $10). 

I'm ordering a bit of a list from PP but will let you know what the shipping was like.

So far, it's only about $55 but nothing bulky, just bits and bobs. 

Archived