Pre-Purchase Inspection for North Queensland Recommendations?

Hi,

I'm looking for an organisation/someone that can perform a PPI for an 70's air-cooled 911, based in North Queensland (near Rockhampton.)

Since this is about 8 hours north of Brisbane, I've not had much luck finding anyone who can do it.

I am based in Melbourne, so I really need to find someone trust worthy to look the car over before I get serious (i.e. travelling, etc.)

Any suggestions?

Regards,

Daniel

This is more about me not trusting myself to check for the right things when I get there! :-)

I usually end up missing half my check list because of the excitement.

I know RACQ could do it, but apparently they are not so great when it comes to dealing with 35+ year old vehicles.

Well, don't worry about it guys.  I got a bad vibe from the seller (and a nice amount of aggression) when I discovered the car was still being financed. (*)

That and the car was fairly heavily molested, plus a bit of rust made me back out of the situation.  It might have been a different story had it been a lot closer to home, I could potentially have negotiated a bit more with price.

Sorry for the false alarm!

* Yeah yeah, I know how it can handled, but I just don't want to be involved with another person's financial dealings, especially when the situations was already getting so complex.

It's ok.  I'll keep looking, but the market seems to be ... barren?  I'm looking for an SC era vehicle (plus/minus 3 years) and I had broadened my search beyond Melbourne in the hope of finding something.  My obsession will have to wait :)

Thanks man.  I know there are a few other threads about this (under Marketplace) but I am getting the awful feeling I may have missed the boat.

For example, I could have sworn a few years back there were far more options presented under Carsales.  Now ... well, under $30k nets you some sorry examples and frankly even under $40k is nothing to write home about!

Of course back then, I was not in a position to buy.  It's always the way isn't it?

Damn interwebz, I was obsessed with this car far before all the 911 mania hit :wacko:

I think all the Qld crew must be down at the pub...............sorry to hear it's fallen through.

Unfortunately i'm not sure there's many of us that far north - If there's any local in the Brisbane/Gold Coast/Sunshine Coast area I'm sure we can be of assistance though

Keep trawling eBay/Gumtree/Carsales and I'm sure something will turn up

Archived