The world's most evil Boxster

tazzieman

http://www.speedhunters.com/2014/09/twin-turbo-v8-porsche-boxster/#chapter-it-s-alive

Gloat!

Finn Arne Sivertsen’s 1998 Porsche 986 Boxster

Numbers
Max power: 680 horsepower (507kW) at the rear wheels on 7 psi (0.5 bar), Max torque: 920Nm at the wheels, Weight: 2537 pounds (1150kg)

Engine
Porsche M28.41 5000cc 32-valve quad-cam alloy V8, rebuilt and balanced, stock forged crank, stock forged rods, stock pistons, Auto Verdi dry-sump system, thicker steel headgasket (9.3:1 comp ratio), twin KKK K27 internally-gated turbos, twin custom intercoolers and piping, custom intake plenums, custom throttle bodies, custom exhaust manifolds, custom 4-inch exhaust system, Ferritta mufflers, Emerald K6 ECU, ATL fuel cell, twin Facet Gold Flow fuel pumps, 98 pump gas

Driveline
Porsche 968 6-speed manual gearbox, Tilton sintered twin-plate clutch, custom lightweight flywheel, Porsche G50 (993) limited slip differential

Suspension/Brakes
997 GT3 Cup suspension system, custom Bilstein two-way adjustable race coilovers, 996 GT2 brake calipers and rotors, Ferrodo race pads

Wheels/Tyres
Victor Equipment Innsbruck forged 18×8-inch (front), Victor Equipment Innsbruck forged 18×11-inch (rear), 24/64-18 Michelin slicks (front), 27/65-18 Michelin slicks (rear)

Exterior
Original 986 Boxster floor plan, A-pillars and windscreen, tube frame front and rear chassis with integrated roll cage, custom 997 GT3 Cup-style one piece fibreglass front end, custom Cayman-style one-piece fibreglass rear end and roof panel, custom widebody fibreglass fenders, custom fibreglass doors, GT3 Cup rear wing

Interior
OMP seats and harnesses, OMP quick release steering wheel, Tilton pedal box, AiM MXL digital race dash/datalogger, custom door cards

Not sure I believe the quoted power figures. I'm sure someone can do the math but with only 7psi I'm not feeling the love. Interesting project. 

One that was built some years back at PR Technology in Brookvale was Ian Murray's Black beauty that was widened and fitted with a GT3 motor. Amazing build quality. Not for the budget conscious. 

Not sure I believe the quoted power figures. I'm sure someone can do the math but with only 7psi I'm not feeling the love. 

Good point. Numbers are kinda irrelevant , what matters if anything is its performance under the stress of some sort of competition.

Not sure I believe the quoted power figures. I'm sure someone can do the math but with only 7psi I'm not feeling the love. Interesting project. 

Agreed507kW at the wheels @ 7 psi sounds optimistic. Either there is more boost or less power than quoted I reckon. 

Archived