Jacking points on your Porsche

If you ever need to take your P car to a workshop, tyre fitter etc. don't assume they know where to place the jack or hoist pads. I jumped in and stopped the tyre fitter putting the jack on the oil lines under the sill. Potential Exxon Valdez moment. Keep an eye on them and don't be afraid to educate them.

If you don't know your tyre fitter , if possible take the wheels off and leave them without the car. And take photos before.

Many tyre guys are rough and ready, it's a bit of an intinerant "profession" , and just because it's a well known chain it doesn't mean they always take full care.

Also check the soft lugnuts are not damaged by rattleguns , and that they are torqued to spec. Mostly they are overtorqued . I know this has been discussed before but it's worth repeating.

Just because you use a certain fitter , it doesn't mean the best guy will be at work the day you drop your car off.

As Harvs says , educate them - I tend to leave a list of instructions +/- diagrams on the front seat to reinforce the little chat I have when I book it in /drop it off. 

Don't let them Fuch it up  ;)

Archived