What have you dropped in your oil tank lately?

Dusty

Was pumping new oil into the tank after my first valve tune when I hurriedly yanked the oil filler pump which dropped a rubber hose piece straight into the bowels of the tank...

Please tell me I'm not the only gibbon here to have done this!

Followed it up by losing the dipstick in the following confusion, thought I must've sent it in there as well only to find it had fallen behind the deck lid after an hour of searching...

Funny how triumph can quickly turn into despair. 

Not dropped anything in, but yesterday we stopped at nhill and I checked the oil. Got to ballarat and thought did I put the dipstick back in. Sure enough, it was still where I put it, on the rear panel where the engine cover shuts down on. Lucky.

Not dropped anything in, but yesterday we stopped at nhill and I checked the oil. Got to ballarat and thought did I put the dipstick back in. Sure enough, it was still where I put it, on the rear panel where the engine cover shuts down on. Lucky.

I've done this too. Get back from a drive check the oil level, put the dip stick on my tool box while I add some lube then close her up, jobs done. Hmmm

Ditto with my dash gauge also,it seems very accurate and reliable and I came to the conclusion that it is safer to rely on it in lieu of the mechanical check which I am sure would eventually lead to a human misfunction.

Regards Pete.

Archived