911 Carb's

Nein_11

After deciding I cant afford EFI and I don't like the CIS System, anyone got a pair of carbies to suit a 2.7 911?

Zenith's or Weber's I'm not bothered.

If they need some work and are going cheap, even better!

Cheers, Nico

Nothing wrong with CIS if you can afford all the replacement bits when they break/malfunction - and know how to make it all work!

When the fuel distributor and various regulators are worn out/clogged whatever , the bills mount up .

Nein 11 , what underscores your dislike of CIS ? As Russ alludes , it covers all bases pretty well.

It's a combination of things for me;

1. Parts (Either hard to find or expensive)

2. Troubleshooting (Having absolutely no experience with the system i feel carb's will be easier to troubleshoot)

3. Aesthetics (Lets face it carb's are just so damn sexy in a 911 engine bay)

4. Sound (Carb's make a sound nothing else can match)

Maybe its my lack of experience with CIS but considering the car will be a Sunday car I think Carb's will suit my needs better and as an end result make me happier.

I can rebuild carb's coming from a motorcycle background so I cant see weber's or zenith's giving me too hard of a time. As for tuning I've mainly had experience with single or twin carbs but I'm up for the challenge!

Go for it!

With today's AFR meters and synchro meters etc and the interwebs DIY tuning for someone who has some idea shouldn't be too hard.

... Says the guy who has a little snap crackle and pop that he hasn't tuned out of his carbs yet ..

Archived