Brisbane Hail Storm

twood

Hope all our members in around Brisbane had their Porsches (other cars are of lesser interest) under cover this afternoon.

I live in Coorparoo and I had a look at the cars parked in my street and I think the insurance companies will be getting a "Storm" of claims.

Brother and sister-IL both have damaged cars.

Premiums will be up next year.

I think I'll go into paint less dent repair, holiday half the year then follow storm aftermath. There must be thousands and thousands of cars with hail damage after today.

Witnessed a massive hailstorm in Brissy in '85 and immediately crossed that off my places to ever live  :(

Crazy weather everywhere. 

Err....Tasmania gets cold.  Very cold.  I'll take my chances with the hail, all the same!

I think Sydney actually has a worse record for bad hailstorms - there have been some big ones in the last 10-20 years.

Lots of planes upsidedown at the airport! :(

Did you see the B-Double tipped on it's side?  Now that's a windy day.

The thing I can't believe is that some CBD office towers had windows smashed.  You would think they would be stronger than that.  It's not like massive hail and high wind are a new phenomonen.

"The worst in 30 years"

I recall the damage bill was huge back then  - whole car yards of new cars ruined etc etc

A chunck of ice of ice the size of a large football fell on Doomben raceway  :wub:

Old ladies coming into casualty bleeding from their thin skin

Drinking beer that night , with ankles awash with debris and dead animals...

When I was in school we had this monster storm hit one day, at about 11am. The school was old with wooden casement windows. We were all between classes when it hit. The teachers were at a loss what to do - kids sheltering everywhere, glass showering down, every one trapped under staircases, bulidings, wherever they were. The noise was deafening. This was not, erm, recently. I remember it as clear as day. We had to help pick up all the hailstones out of classrooms and off the verandahs before they all melted. I distinctly remember hailstone fights breaking out. Boys will be boys.

Archived