I hate flat tyres!!

espskk

The day before New years eve took a nice leisurely cruise from Longford to Bonnie Doon to listen to the serenity.  I have to drive about 300 metres on gravel to get to the father in laws place.  All good until the next morning when I realised the rear offside tyre was as flat as the proverbial and on it went,

Easy I thought, remove wheel and have it repaired in Mansfield.

Remove wheel, blow up with air, discover hole is in the side wall from a rock.

Bugger, no one is going to repair that.

Plan B, surely someone will have 295-30-18 lying around, or at worst 2 of them.

4 calls made, 4 hysterical tyre guys. "You want what size?????" Then a belly laugh!!

Plan C, put space saver spare on and just cruise the 300 k's home nice and slow.

18" rear does not fit in the front, not even close.

Plan D, tyre wrapped in plastic, roof down, passenger seat forward, tyre squeezed in.

Yep, slow trip home.

Any way happy new year to all.  I hate flat tyres!!

IMG_0093_zpsb73e353b.jpg

IMG_0095_zpsa93b8024.jpg

Cheers Steve

I would have cut the side wall from another tyre and layed it up against the damage on the inside of the damaged one.

Then squeeze any tube you could find in there.

No kidding, I've done stranger things. It sounds rough, but I would put money on it getting you home.

No tyre store would be a part of it for good reason,

Tough day, Steve.  

And my sister at Merton (near Bonnie Doon) wonders why I won't visit her place at the end of a 3km dirt/rock road.  Family first, but I'm not ruining my car for her to have a ride in a Porsche.

And my sister at Merton (near Bonnie Doon) wonders why I won't visit her place at the end of a 3km dirt/rock road.  Family first, but I'm not ruining my car for her to have a ride in a Porsche.

Easy, meet somewhere other than at her place :lol:

Luck you had a space saver. After experancing similer damage bought one for my 997 and it rides strapped into the rear seat whenever I head into the wilderness. It is just possible to squeeze a 305/30 19 into the rear seat of a 997 coupe.

Guest Harold

you know, i have never thought about what i would do if i get a flat tyre. I don't think i have any sort of a spare, i admit to having NEVER opened either of the lids.

I wouldn't know what the engine looks like or what it is under the frunk lid.

Archived