First pic on my new 84 Targa

After about 6 months of searching, I have found my first 911. I had to go to the other side of the country to get it, but I think it was worth it. Shipped it over and it arrived last Friday, just in time for a 3 hour cruise up to a freinds wedding. the car performed flawlessly and didnt miss a beat.

A few issues to deal with, Aircon as predicted is useless, headlights arent working, parkers and fog lights but no headlights...not sure about the Simmons wheels, might look to go back to Fuchs or ultimately some Paul Stephens Autoart wheels from the UK...

Would like to upload more pics but it seems my limit has been reached, cant even upload another small 171K pic

Thanks for looking!

post-297-129897170431_thumb.jpg

After about 6 months of searching, I have found my first 911. I had to go to the other side of the country to get it, but I think it was worth it. Shipped it over and it arrived last Friday, just in time for a 3 hour cruise up to a freinds wedding. the car performed flawlessly and didnt miss a beat.

A few issues to deal with, Aircon as predicted is useless, headlights arent working, parkers and fog lights but no headlights...not sure about the Simmons wheels, might look to go back to Fuchs or ultimately some Paul Stephens Autoart wheels from the UK...

Would like to upload more pics but it seems my limit has been reached, cant even upload another small 171K pic

Thanks for looking!

Sensational looking vehicle, well done! Better news is that if you've found one, its one less person wanting to buy, leaving more for me to choose from.....Flew to Sydney last week and missed a boomer by a day!

Enjoy, look forward to seeing more pics.

Regards

Peter

Thanks for looking!

Great looking car. Electrics should be an easy fix.

Glenn.

Congrats.

Looks a sweet car.

Who needs A/C - just pull the roof off

Who needs a stereo - windows down & listen to the SSIs

Cheers

ReD

PS

Install a headlight relay to protect a very expensive headlight/washer/indicator/switch assembly while you are fixing the lights.

Congratulations and many more happy days of P-car motoring ;)

Check out this thread for intructions on how to load photos onto Photobucket and then create a link to the image from this forum.

Kinking Image to the forum

looks like it was worth the trip mate. i looked on and off for 3 years all over the country and spent many hours on planes and trains to find mine. i was lucky i finally found it locally, don't worry about a few minor issues like electrics etc. i am sure i am not alone when i say we have all had a drama or two, it's part of the pleasure of owning a Porsche. Enjoy

Pete

Love the colour and the wheels, enjoy.

cheers

Steve.

Thanks Guys, yeah I wasnt too fussed on the wheels, but they are growing on me. They are from that time of release being genuine Simmons rims. If I were to get some new rime I wouldnt mind some of those Paul Stephens PS Autoart 17" Rims from the UK...And as for the colour, its factory Meteor Metallic, and am very happy with it. I havent found one before it or since in that colour.

Well done, beautiful car. I've never seen a 911 in that colour, really nice.

I found a beautiful 944 S2 last week, drove it, sorted insurance, etc. Turns out it was such a good car he had a change of heart and took it off the market before I could put the money in his hands...

If anyone knows of a good 944 S2 I'd appreciate the help.....

Cheers,

Mark

Archived