New to this, help need for 996 Turbo

Hi all,

I have just come on board, just having a few questions about the 996 Turbo that I bought.

- It is quite hard to find a insurance company that insures this car with every day driving purpose.

lumley only insures if used as a weekend ride. Any suggestion there ?

- Is there any good Porsche workshop in Sydney that I can take the car for service? or advice?

- I used to drive a Golf R32, and found the brake in the 996 to be un-responsive, is this normal?

- Also the suspension seems very stiff, little bit too bumpy, so is this expected?

- Anybody know a good car detailer in Sydney ? (prefer near airport or taren point area)

Maybe I am very new and have little knowledge, your kind advice is greatly appreciated.

PeterX

Hi PeterX,

Welcome aboard!

Shannons insure my daily driver and their policy looks pretty good. Had the same issue when enquiring with Lumleys.

For your other questions, someone in Sydney with a 996 would offer better advice.

Cheers,

Stepo

Hi PeterX,

Welcome aboard!

Shannons insure my daily driver and their policy looks pretty good. Had the same issue when enquiring with Lumleys.

For your other questions, someone in Sydney with a 996 would offer better advice.

Cheers,

Stepo

Thanks Stepo,

I am still hoping someone could give me ideas of other questions.

Hi Peter, (where are all the turbo owners??) Some advice please! Don't have a Turbo, but I'd be checking the brakes, they should be responsive. If you bought from a Porsche dealer have them check it out. If not I'd be going to a Porsche Centre or Autohaus Hamilton for an opinion. May just need a service and new brake fluid. Does it have ceramic or steel discs? maybe they need a good workout, ie. not getting enough use/not hot enough. Suggest you get it out of the city and take it for a longer drive to get used to the differences to you previous car. Also I think your suspension is electronically adjustable, check the owners manual, it could be on sport mode. Let us know how you go. Your Turbo should be a magic car to drive, not a hassle.

Cheers

Paul M.

Hi all,

I have just come on board, just having a few questions about the 996 Turbo that I bought.

- It is quite hard to find a insurance company that insures this car with every day driving purpose.

- Is there any good Porsche workshop in Sydney that I can take the car for service? or advice?

- I used to drive a Golf R32, and found the brake in the 996 to be un-responsive, is this normal?

- Also the suspension seems very stiff, little bit too bumpy, so is this expected?

- Anybody know a good car detailer in Sydney ? (prefer near airport or taren point area)

Maybe I am very new and have little knowledge, your kind advice is greatly appreciated.

PeterX

Try MB Insurance

• 1 month later...

Hi all,

PeterX

Peter,

I agree with WhipIt, the brakes should just about put you through the windscreen. I just sold my 2000 996 & the brakes were astounding. I have had servicing, clutch replaced etc on my 996 done by Porsche Centre Sydney South for the last 5 years & they are right on it. You will pay dealer service prices but they know their stuff.

They will also give you a quote for insurance, talk to Susan. They quoted me $2,500 for my 2010 997 C4 with limited use under 8,000klms per year.

Good luck.

Archived