You motorcyclists

Guy Martin is awesome 'little bit' of a wobble at 275km/h

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xe0igW8jNyU

but he's also the same guy that bought a Merlin engine on it's test bed and thought the rev limit sucked so he removed it. He put it back on after the engine and frame took off through his storeroom.

Guy at Pike's Peak:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRDWCLi-Io0

My good mate David Johnson is team mate with Guy Martin for this years TT in one or two classes.

Egostistically, I was fortunate to be able to get Dave a ride a few years ago with my contacts in the UK when I was racing bikes, and I'm bloody proud to say that I helped get him there.

As many know, if you don't go overseas and give it a crack, you'll be stuck here racing for no money and basically wasting your time if you want to pursue a career in bike racing.

Dave was so quick as a young fella, and being as professional as one could be with a limited budget, so I kept my UK sponsors up top date with his progress, and he finally got a call to come over.

He is now well respected and constantly receiving offers to ride various machinery with some good teams. He even got the fastest newcomer a year or 2 ago at the TT with an average lap of 123mph I think. Thats over a lap of 37 miles mind you!

So happy he has made it to where he is

I have ridden all sorts of Superbikes in my years at A grade level, and I can honestly say (and always have) that I would NEVER race at the TT. I think theyre bonkers!!

Even the past and current greats of MotoGP racing (Rossi,Lorenzo,Pedrosa, and 500cc champ Doohan) wouldnt have a go at it, so it takes someone with MASSIVE gonads to ride there.

I've seen friends that have come home after riding there, showing me gouges in there helmets and scrapes on their leathers from grazing stone walls at over 100mph.

Thats just nuts if you ask me!

Archived