Porsche in Mexico

webrest

This is what most people expect of cars in Mexico [image 1[

In reality these are also available. [image 2&3]

With favorable trading terms like this [image 4] "18months without interest" for those that don't do Spanish

Shots taken through the window at closed Merida, Mexico Porsche dealer,this weekend.

Magic looking car the colour scheme suits them down to the ground.

Don't know what the price is, but you can bet your bollocks they will be a lot cheaper than Australia

Dave

Hey Dave,

Article in the Age this weekend something to the tune of: New 997 C2 AUS$230K in Aust, AUS$70 in USA (figures from my dodgy memory, but you get the vibe!)

So, is that it, are we going to divvy up your cars and we'll drink a Corona and remember you on those wet days up in the Dandes', or are you coming home to pack up?!?!

:P:D

Kerry

PS Perfect day up on Lake Mountain yesterday.... wasn't quite the same without you! LOL!

Got to admit it is pretty good over here, but don't divvy up the cars just yet.

Her indoors isn't saying too much one way or another and as you blokes know that can be a good or a bad sign.

Attached is an image of the worst car I have ever bought along with my wife of whom I shall say nothing.

Also probably dispels the myth about me being gay too I guess eh, knowing that I have a wife

Dave

PS

The car is a Nissan Platina, but forget the Nissan part, I find out after I bought it at a car market here that it is in fact based on a Renault Clio. That is just what every boy needs in Mexico, a f.....g Renault. Of course the auto crapped itself 2 weeks after we got it. Can you image how much trouble that was to fix over here. Oy Vey, don't ask Hymie.

Ahhh yes..."Happy wife, Happy life"

Hey Dave, why Mexico?

Well Doug,

The weather is fine all the time. The part where I am living is central to US, Europe,Sth America and the M.E. and as I am also virtually in the Caribbean that is the waters I swim. Got to tell you, it is better than Elwood.

I am just reading my water bill for the month and it is $5.5. My electricity bill is about $70. Car reg is minimal. A decent steak is about $2.30.house rates are very small. [depending on the size of course.] There aren't the super tight stupid politically correct rules and regs that have been created in Australia. I can buy a brand new VW Jetta with Tiptronic for $14,500 that I can park where I want pretty much. The people are great to be around, generally very funny.

A nice meal out for me and Den is about $28. A 2 story house in a gated community 3 bedrooms, 3 or 4 bathrooms costs about $150- $170K. Petrol is .75 c a litre

Lucha Libre wrestling masks can be bought for reasonable price.

I could go on with the many other plusses but I won't. Fair to say it is just a good place to be

There are down sides too but like corruption etc but the average person doesn't become involved in such affairs anyway but it always nice to know that there is always another way around a problem if need be. Nudge nudge wink wink.

And up to date I haven't seen any drug dealers severed heads rolling down the street.

Attached images are what you get for about S160K

Dave

Hi Dave,

Gee reading above sounds like you have found Nirvana and a pretty strong case for staying. Whats the situation with the health system and supports though. None of us are getting any younger so I guess that needs to be part of any consideration.

But sounds like a very nice place to be.

Perhaps you can map out a Panamerican SMT for us all. :D:D:lol::lol:

Keep the photos and stories coming.

Take care

Cheers

Chris

Archived