Greatest Porsche Road Car . Poll

Guest vas930

yes turbo protoype at 74 frankfurt motor show with wooden engine

owned by graham stockley for the bulk of it's life,then by a pilot(not sure of his name) who had it totally rebuilt about 7 or 8 years ago who then sold it overseas

graham stockley definately like to actually use the car,running it in the old porsche cup for a few years

i did an engine rebuild in the late 80's

one of the most awesome sounding cars at full noise ,when in it

it recently was up for sale again

Guest vas930

Thats great info Jnr. I saw that car many times and the sound was awesome.

Did that car have a 3L Turbo or a N/A engine?

I was only 12 at the time and cant remember. I know it was a turbo prototype, but I dont think Graham ran it with a turbo engine.

I suspect that there is another 959 around, as I saw a burgundy 959 in a Canberra auto electrician's shop 8 years ago. And best road Porsche, the Carrera GT.

There is a white one comfort in Queensland owned by a prominent collector (Peter H.), that 'burgundy' one you saw left the country some time ago.

Yes Jnr. What a great looking car. Was this the car that was for sale a few years ago. I remember a silver one in the early 80s,that was a prototype doing porsche club events. The story was that it was a show prototype with an engine made of wood. I think it had Carrera turbo on the doors. I saw it for sale at the Porsche stand at Phillip Island Classics a few years ago. Jnr or anyone know more about that car? I think Vince Smart may have owned the car.

apparently vince smart owned it before stockley

before my time ;)

there were 2 959's in melbourne

fox's silver one and bartels dark metallic brown one

Guest vas930

Thanks Jnr. Its good to get these things cleared up. It keeps me sane.

I remember Vince driving the car. I think he may have sold it to Graham, then it was sold a number of times. Any idea what it sold for last time?

Do you know anything about the engine made of wood? Did it end up at Porsche Germany?

Hope to meet you one day Jnr, sounds like we can have a fair old chat.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived