Greatest Porsche Road Car . Poll

Guest vas930

Guest vas930

Whats the greatest Porsche Road car of all time? Have your vote. Each member gets one vote only. Post your vote and why you feel your vote deserves its position as The greatest Porsche road car of all time. This poll will run for two weeks and results shown.

Tough question, I've only had two & they were both great! Make a choice, any other car or a Porsche????? I choose any Porsche. Not assure if this is a legitimate vote but there it is.

Guest vas930

No its not. It may be for you. If so, make that your vote. It does not have to be the fastest Porsche road car ,or your own. The Greatest Porsche road car in your opinion, for what ever reason you see fit. It may be a 73 RS or 993 RS, whatever you want, it may be a 928. Lets have a real poll and find out what members think. Submit your vote.

356 B) ...........Lock it in!

The gene pool of what we see today from a production point of view. Its success paved the way and produced a family of cars that we can admire and enjoy for many different reasons.

To be honest, I'd love to have any Porsche car in my garage.

Ideal reincarnation - Jerry Seinfeld. His garage cost around $1.4 million to build and I think he has close to 50 vehicles, at least I've made a start :P

(In Jerry's words, I've been transported :D )

Cheers,

Stepo

Come on Harv's, its like Jerry says - its like playing marbles again - someone's always got a better and bigger "cannonball" than you!

But of course you're right, any Porsche is the best Porsche when you're gripping the wheel!

:D

Kerry

Guest vas930

Great picks Gents,so far. Very good Kerry and Doug,pushn the edge. Come on Harvs, Its just a bit of fun. But interesting to see the range of favs so far. Keep up with the votes Gents, we may even get two votes for the same car. :o:lol:

Hi All,

A few great choices thus far. Rather than give one car the first 'second' vote and thus end the pole, i will throw another out there.

Road going 911 GT1. Only just a road car but a ball tearer none the less. There is a great you tube clip of it that I would have attached if I could get it to work.

Harvs, a mate of mine took me for a spin in a Cayenne Turbo not that long ago and that put a massive grin on my face :D

Keep throwing them up lads, we're bound to get a two vote car soon.

Andy S

It seems to me that lately that Porsche with the 911 has been steadily improving and refining a 'flawed' concept to the point where the cars are remarkable. Damning the modern cars with the 'evolution' word.

However, some 25 years ago when there was arguably more room for innovation and change, the Porsche team was doing some truly ground-breaking engineering work. With that in mind, my vote goes to the Porsche 959. Water cooled, twin turbo, 4WD, composite materials, on-the-fly suspension adjustment, serious aero, onboard TPMS and more. A true statement car available in 'Comfort' or 'Sport' specification.

Full details here.

It seems to me that lately that Porsche with the 911 has been steadily improving and refining a 'flawed' concept to the point where the cars are remarkable. Damning the modern cars with the 'evolution' word.

However, some 25 years ago when there was arguably more room for innovation and change, the Porsche team was doing some truly ground-breaking engineering work. With that in mind, my vote goes to the Porsche 959. Water cooled, twin turbo, 4WD, composite materials, on-the-fly suspension adjustment, serious aero, onboard TPMS and more. A true statement car available in 'Comfort' or 'Sport' specification.

Full details here.

Great choice.

Is it true the Lindsay Fox has the only 959 in Australia?

You too could be the proud owner for A$342,773.

Porsche 959 For Sale

Guest vas930

I think that its the only one that came in as new. I have a feeling another came over at some later stage. Not 100% sure. Keep the votes coming gents. :)

Surprising though isn't it that with our strong AU$, we could buy one of the absolute Porsche legends for less than AU$350K?! :blink:

Kerry

Aussie dollar price of a Singer has come down substantially too :) Kez...

Guest vas930

Ok its over. Following a massive response :lol::D The Porsche Forum has voted The Greatest Porsche Road Car - - - - No one car. But we did get a bit of a feel for some popular models. Thanks to those who did vote and have a say. It was a bit of fun and a complete flop all at the same time. :D:lol: I think another is on the cards at some point. Maybe the most popular Race Car Porsche? ;) Feel free to stop me from another disaster!

• 5 weeks later...
Guest vas930

Yes Jnr. What a great looking car. Was this the car that was for sale a few years ago. I remember a silver one in the early 80s,that was a prototype doing porsche club events. The story was that it was a show prototype with an engine made of wood. I think it had Carrera turbo on the doors. I saw it for sale at the Porsche stand at Phillip Island Classics a few years ago. Jnr or anyone know more about that car? I think Vince Smart may have owned the car.

Archived