Aftermarket head unit / radio for 986

Pharma

Hi all,  getting my 1997, 986 Boxster ready to run.  Been sorting out a couple of engine issues but now want to change out the old Blaupunkt radio for a more modern unit with Bluetooth. Looking for any suggestions or people to talk to of Sydney's north shore (Linfield area). It's a single din unit but I am unsure if a 1997 "plug and play" unit will be compatible with newer units with probably more modern sockets. Does anyone have experience? Are there conversion kits for the radio electrical wiring loom? Any dealers who anyone knows?  Any help really appreciated.

I used this kit on my 996 which for all intended purposes is the same for yours. I ended up using a Kenwood unit and changed out all of the speakers because paper is a little old technology....

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/97-02-PORSCHE-986-BOXSTER-DOUBLE-DIN-INSTALLATION-KIT-/221260868750?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item33842cec8e

Good luck

Chris from Radios in Motion is the go to guy in Sydney. He's very familiar with Porsche and installed heaps including the VDO below in my C4 and will be installing a mechless Continental in the C2 this week.

964_C4_Itsujack_031_zpssrlhghip.jpg

I went to my local bloke to find replacement speakers for the paper speakers. He said here you go, but I would leave them if they are in good condition as paper sounds better. So I did.

I added a slim sub from fusion behind the passenger seat, and two 4" on the rear shelf.

Beeeuudiful

Chris from Radios in Motion is the go to guy in Sydney. He's very familiar with Porsche and installed heaps including the VDO below in my C4 and will be installing a mechless Continental in the C2 this week.

964_C4_Itsujack_031_zpssrlhghip.jpg

that VDO unit looks fantastic !

Archived