Original Steering wheel - woodgrain

murf

Bought this little beauty off the UK/Europe early porsche site - set me back a kidney but is going to look darn sweet.

P1000445.jpg

Gee i hate it when the sellers only take international wire transfer and not paypal - wife looks at the account and freaks :blink:

murf

Hey Gents - the wheel is an original 911 porsche wheel - from the 65-68 models original VDM wheel.

It came from a well known porsche member from the uk - from the www.ddk-online.com forum - his name is mike

My car is a lefty - 1966 porsche 912 - both my cars are lhd so its not an issue for me actually now prefer it to be honest.

This one has been here a long long time - it was from QLD but engine and gearbox serviced out in ferntree gully shipped

down for services on a regular basis. Bought it sight unseen the porsche mechanic noticed the engine number and died

when he heard what i paid. it was less expensive than its years of servicing.

I am in the process of a clean up inside and headrests for the seats - as its a semi daily driver - drove it for 2 yrs daily now once a week at most.

Great honest little car with a few mods but inside is still 110% original - just the wheels. exhaust and distributor where changed.

IMG_0062.jpg

IMG_0064.jpg

Chris - where in chelt are you? Me not far from you - been meaning to get to one of the porsche coffees but timing issues just never suit - plenty I've got to do to this car but its fun - considering selling my other car and getting another 60's early 70's 911 or 63 stingray corvette - or just buying a 3rd classic space permitting.

murf

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Michel - this car has been in AU for 12-15yrs from what i've been told - imported into victoria (the original imported pulled me up in vic greville st one day to say it was one of first imports) sold to a guy in QLD - he had engine and gearbox worked on by george cairns - sent it down every 6 months - it was up for sale in QLD (I've got the original ad - reduced to $42k from $46) - it was traded to a guy in Sydney in a 2 car + 1 harley trade - i bought it from him (was sitting with muscle cars in photo) george cairns varified the engine and box number - and sad i got a steal! So pretty happy!

murf

Archived