My "unobtainable" COA!

No the tartan is missing, yet still available.

I am in the market for the correct sports seats. I will re do them the way they should be when I can.

Running R888s in the same size as the Pirelli's at the moment.

Some very helpful person that is considered a global authority on 3Lt 930s in the states has helped me. (wishes to remain anonymous)

I actually know a little more about the car, build date for example. So I might doctor up my own version for framing.

I've been told the car has matching numbers, but this confirms it. 

At what point do the rest of us chip in 20 bucks each and buy Harry a secretary for a day?

Harry has said they just are not available?

A guy I work with was at Pebble Beach the other week, said there was a Porsche COA stand there you could walk up and order one for your car.

Apparently the line was too long for him to wait as he has an SC and would like a COA.

PORSCHE AUSTRALIA are very clear - they will avoid at all costs providing info on cars without you providing them with numbers. Same for owners who can provide the bonafides -all they will do is confirm info, based on what you give them.

They could for instance fairly simply provide the actual VIN and other info on the contested long hood in victoria, or for that matter tell Rafikdous what the chassis number to match his engine is.

Why Porsche US do this and not be concerned, and we cant get it here, remains perplexing - but good on ya for getting one

• 2 weeks later...

I got one recently from Porsche Australia, (after 18 months wait), with monthly email reminders that I was still wanting one, I think they gave up and gave me one  because the guy who said will get one for me had left the company about 2 months after I requested one,

In our car (Last 3.0 ROW Made)  we have made changes according to our tastes as it is a driver

A Matching Numbers Car that is proven rust and major accident free in my opinion is worth more than a car with original paint and wiring  as I feel the value can be added to a car with some nice safe upgrades like paint and reworked electricals because a buyer can rest easy because a car with original paint and electricals is voodoo (unless it had less than 60000kays) because it could be just waiting for the new owner to hit a pothole and have the floorpan drop out or the headlights fall off..because of the rust after 40years, or the fuxebox fuel relays catch fire (common weak area) because it is  an accident waiting to happen.

Early 930's cant be put in the same box as a normal collectable car only 2000 built in total from 75 to 77, out of these about 38 were  Australian Hamiltons Delivered RHD cars, and out of these how many survived? being conservative lets say half, So theres  probably less than 20 GENUINE  Aust delivered matching Number 930's.

To put it in perspective rwhy worry about making everything perfect? its not as if they will go and buy another lol, just look in carsales theres less than ten and all of them are 964 upgrades or US converted or Rust riddled UK cars, there are zero Australian numbers Cars for sale that have not been heavily modded.to something else entirely.

#1 Matching numbers of engine and VIN

#2 Overall condition

#3 overall originality, nothing too extreme, looks original at first glance.

#3 Originality is the least important as long as #1 and #2 is kept in place

Unless it is to be a Garage queen then you need original this and that, but then  motor will be unreliable and will fail if not driven much due carbon will build up quickly on valves bending them etc blowing pistons etc So then its a lump of pretty metal an investment taking up space in your garage, That will only give enjoyment when you show it to someone, The least desirable as they will miss out on soooo much.!

Buy gold or Silver then if its money you want to make. and instead hang a poster of a 930 on your wall , even two and then you can free up space in your garage :)

But if its a driver,

THEN

Drive it like you stole !it, that's where the real value is :)

I even sleep in mine sometimes (true) because I have back problems and there is no couch or bed that is as comfortable ...Plus the smell of leather from the full leather seats is a smell to die for..:)

whatever you do, DRIVE HER and you will always be in front, you cant put a price on happiness lol

The 930 register currently accounts for about 50 of the original 400 homoligation cars. There realistically may be twice that amount still left in the world? So around 1/4 of them.

Out of those 400 cars, to my knowledge, about 7 of them came to Australia? Mine may have been the last of those 7?

If anybody knows of any 1975 cars in Australia or any 1976 cars with a lower VIN than #136. I would really like to know about them.

I have questions about AU delivered options. Not many people have the answers I'm looking for. There is an astonishing amount writen on these cars on a page called Fchat. Near on 250 pages of a single forum thread. Yet it is mainly US and Euro based knowledge.

I am doing everything to return mine to the way it left the factory. It's a great challenge and a great learning curve. I really only need the stock head unit and sports seats now.

When I bought it I wanted a project. So I love the time consuming research and the thrill of the chase with those "unobtainable" components.

The 930 register currently accounts for about 50 of the original 400 homoligation cars. There realistically may be twice that amount still left in the world? So around 1/4 of them.

Out of those 400 cars, to my knowledge, about 7 of them came to Australia? Mine may have been the last of those 7?

If anybody knows of any 1975 cars in Australia or any 1976 cars with a lower VIN than #136. I would really like to know about them.

For the record.... gets a right royal flogging!

pretty sure the Alex Webster has the 2nd RHD Turbo ever made in his collection, one of 15 made in 74/75

check out his instagram account

https://instagram.com/p/yJyZJ7GQgh/?taken-by=aewebster

Archived