Bergvill FX - Dash and Climate Control Repairs

Can recommend Tore Bergvill for electronic repairs.

Just had my 993 tacho return from a trip to Norway to have all the common On Board Computer display issues repaired.

Tried to locate someone locally but no one gave me any confidence that they knew much about what the fixes entailed.

His website details his electronic repair services for various Porsche models : http://www.bergvillfx.com/index.php/services.html

His blog also has some good info on common 964/993 electrical issues: http://www.porschehvac.bergvill.com/ 

Peter

what sort of money?

I have ordered and received his latest t-oBD interface for diagnostics.. but havent used it yet...

I have this and it is great, but I needed a non luddite to make it initially work, re setting ports and stuff I didn`t get

Mike,

This email excerpt will give you an idea of what's involved:

Hi Peter, thank you for contacting me and the interest in my services.

I do indeed repair these units. I have a bespoke test bench, and the job will include repair, cleaning and full testing of the unit. I have to mention that I will possibly be unable to repair this if there's a problem with the main microprocessor. However, this is very seldom seen in these instruments.

I most often quote 1 to 2 hours of work (at 100 Euro/h) on such jobs. Spare parts and return shipping (41Euro) comes in addition to this. I have a 3-4 day turnaround time for this work, and return delivery using Registered Air mail will be 5-7 days within western Europe and 10-12 days to the  rest of the world. My repair comes with a five year warranty.

Mine ended up being on the high side because I had damaged two copper tracks on the board replacing a transistor myself.  In addition he fixed the "Distance to Empty" function, fitted the right wattage globe as well a couple of other faults due to age.  Total cost including return postage was €191. (Postage to Norway was about 50 bucks I recall.)

Only thing I would do differently is maybe pay extra for faster return shipping as this took 17 days and I was surprised how much I missed driving the old girl.

Not cheap but Tore was a delight to deal with, delivered more than promised and I thought worth a mention here.

Regards

Peter 

that's about as far as I have gotten.. need to change com port settings... and install some stupid drivers.. which I need to know about.

what?

why can't they make it as easy to use as mac gear...

my friend who knows computers worked it out instantly. 

Archived