Sneaky peak, anyone close by to Craigieburn?

Jason E

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/_/SSE-AD-3627147

Anyone nearby to Craigieburn that might know something about this car or able to have a quick look for me please.  Looks like a good buy.  I need a daily driver & this could fit the bill.

cheers,

Jason.

GUT maybe .. FRAZ.. in melbs.. Clay

From the pic it looks like it may have the S wheels which are 18"

Hi Steve,

the ad states - 17' inch alloy wheels-  I better ask the question though as I understand that if you put larger wheels on the car that it may effect the ride quality- making it harder - is this correct?

cheers,

Jason

Just realized I wrote 'Peak' instead of 'Peek'.  Lucky my English is getting more gooderer these days!!

Hi Steve,

the ad states - 17' inch alloy wheels-  I better ask the question though as I understand that if you put larger wheels on the car that it may effect the ride quality- making it harder - is this correct?

cheers,

Jason

Just realized I wrote 'Peak' instead of 'Peek'.  Lucky my English is getting more gooderer these days!!

I'm fairly sure that the S wheels were 18". They are S wheels for sure. The non S had a similar wheel but the spokes weren't parallel like the ones in the pic, def S wheels. The 18" wheels have a lower profile tyre which doesn't have as much cushion in the shorter sidewall. It's a little harsher ride but not really that noticeable in a 1" diameter upgrade, gets a bit harsh with 19" on the 987. They were available on non S as an option from the factory, it's not like someone went down to their local Bob Jane and changed them.

Very Dodgy Cheeky Buggers!! I wasn't able to get an initial response from the owner of this car.  Sent them an email via carsales & then a text 24hrs later to say I sent you an email, when is a good time to call you to discuss your car- nill response!!  Thought maybe they aren't interested in selling their car.  I just gave them a call & asked for Kim Jones (the listed seller) a middle eastern male answered & said, "Who's Kim Jones Mate?"  he then fired off some Arabic to someone in the background & then came back & said, "Yeah, Yeah Kim Jones that's us- you want the car $30k flat mate."

Conversation went on like this for a few minutes with "Kim' disclosing some repaired damage etc, etc.  I ended the call quickly & crossed this one off my list.  The search continues.........

Archived