My 1986 944

Anthiron

Thought i would post some pictures of my new aquisition.

A very clean and straight 86 944 in red. The car has a great service record and has had much spent on it recently by previous owner at T + D in Brisbane.

Gave it a wash and wax today although i think i missed a few spots. Need to get some Touch up paint tomorrow for a few chips etc.

021se.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

015crn.jpg

022sy.jpg

026bv.jpg

031xm.jpg

034xj.jpg

040mn.jpg

041mjs.jpg

Off for a nice drive up to Maleny tomorrow.

Nicko

Thanks for the comments guys :)

yeah Belts, rollers, front seals and top and rebuild less than 10 000ks ago.

ordered a fuel filter and oil filter today and picked up some new plugs and 10 litres of oil. Will do a bit of a peace of mind service on monday and then book it in for an injector clean, tune up and belt check.

I cannot get over how great it is to drive. Definately not the fastest car i have driven but certainly one that combines luxury, handling and speed in a very fun package!

It Looks GREAT,Feels GREAT it's a Porsche !!

Nice way to start the Porsche Passion the way I did (84 Gold 944).

Join the Porsche Club it will be even more so !

Cheers,9fan.

Dropping the car off to T&D in the morning at 7am. Which means i have to leave home at 5.30am :( and spend hours bored in brisbane. But it should be worth it to have everything square with the car.

well there are a few things that need taking care of. Seems the seal collars were not replaced when the belts and seals were done and they are weeping oil. So it will all come out again in the next few weeks. Have ordered a new power steering hose and fitting to replace my current leaky one and need to investigate a faulty reverse light switch.

On a brighter note the injectors are now %100 :) and everything else seems to be in order.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Nice-now all you need is some 17" wheels to fill out those guards!

It will transform your car. It's the best thing you can do for a 944.

I have some 17" Borbet 944 Cup wheels with near new tyres for $1,250 and I am in Brissie. (need the $ for Christmas pressies!) They are the correct offset for all pre ABS 944s.

David

944geek@gmail.com

post-673-0-02690300-1323924466_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the kind words guys.

Car is going great.

Since my last post it has had every roller/tensioner replaced, new belts, new wwaterpump and 1 new injector after one began to leak quite badly. I have also fixed the reverse light switch and replaced the cracked climate control facia.

Slowly working my way through the few little things that need attention.

Next on the list are

- New shift boot and shifter

- Drivers side sunvisor clip (old one still works but is cracked)

- New hazard light switch (Managed to crack the old one 2 days ago, Replacement on the way)

I also have a new sunroof hoodliner to fit sitting in the garage.

Trying to split my time between rebuilding my Volkswagen and working on the 944.

944 Geek I will pass on the wheels. I am quite partial to the Fuchs.

Froggy.....This is a long shot but you arent the same Froggy/Daniel who owned the oval beetle and resturant in cottontree Sunshine Coast?

Nicko

Archived