ITB air filter

Spannerhead

I have been looking seriously at PMO ITBs as I already have EFI. Trouble is my manifold is from a 3.2 and it looks ugly ! Its never easy though, I thought I would take the dollar plunge and buy the PMO set . Than I spoke to some tuners that told me my Microtech ECU will not run ITB's very well , dam ! So new ECU ? Witch means new harness as well and thats a pain to fit, not to mention the expense. Then remap on dyno another expense , never ending. So now I'm thinking of ditching the complete EFI and getting carbs, not cheap either. About 5k for new PMO 40mm. At least I can tune them at home.

Any other options ? Well MFI would be cool, new Bosh MFI pump about 10k if you can finned a good one. The drama we put our selfs through ! 

I have been looking seriously at PMO ITBs as I already have EFI. Trouble is my manifold is from a 3.2 and it looks ugly ! Its never easy though, I thought I would take the dollar plunge and buy the PMO set . Than I spoke to some tuners that told me my Microtech ECU will not run ITB's very well , dam ! So new ECU ? Witch means new harness as well and thats a pain to fit, not to mention the expense. Then remap on dyno another expense , never ending. So now I'm thinking of ditching the complete EFI and getting carbs, not cheap either. About 5k for new PMO 40mm. At least I can tune them at home.

Any other options ? Well MFI would be cool, new Bosh MFI pump about 10k if you can finned a good one. The drama we put our selfs through ! 

Curious to know what the problems are with a 3.2 manifold & Microtech ECU ?

I have always read that the 3.2 manifold is is ideal for EFI conversions - some 'realistic' feedback would be welcome.

Is the Microtech too old/primitive to be effective now?

Thanks Peter

Hi Peter

Well not being a pro tuner or very educated re EFI. My trouble is 2 fold. First I don't like the look of the manifold on an older engine hence my desire to run ITB's. Regarding Microtech, I have had nothing but bad feedback from the many Tuners (EFI) I have spoken to, they say it does not allow individual injection tuning ect. They tell me great for drag racing ! Also Microtech have awful customer service , most of the time no one answers and when they do they can't help because no one seems to know anything ( my own experience ) ! Considering most of the best ECU's are made here in Aus one can do a lot better. 

So I hope this helps Peter. If your running a post 74 engine and want EFI , a 3.2 man and Microtech are a cheap option and seem to work well. By all means contact me if you want to know anything els.

Archived