928 backdate

ANF

Excellent exterior paint colour ;) Must have  spent a fortune retrimming the interior.

No bias there at all :)

True, but if a correct back date take out sunroof and put in the correct seats. Just an S model with spoilers removed.......

It does look very nice though!

I do not quite get the "back date " bit ?   , its a 928S Auto , probably between 1980 to 1983 , why do I say that ? }

A ) it has the 928S 16" dia wheels ( telephone style )= standard wheels for the "S"( the 4.5L 928 has 15" dia wheels )

B ) It has the 4 spoke 928S steering wheel , where as 95 % of the 4.5L 928 had the 3 spoke steering wheel , but in 1982 Porsche was getting rid of the 928 4.5( last year) & they started to fit some 928S parts as standard in 1982 , like the 4 spoke steering wheel 

C )  It has the extra interior ( courtesy) lights that the 928S only had , like the ones in the doors

D ) It has the extra rear glove box ( was an option on the 4.5L ) unless a Non S was ordered with full leather interior & then they came with rear glove box standard & this car does have a leather dash 

E ) It has full climate control ( interior sensor vent on top of centre console ) very very rare for a Non S to have climate control between 1980 - 1982 , all the 928 4.5L I have ever seen just had the standard A/C with a A/C Button  ( with no climate control ) = no interior vent for inside temp sensor = 98% chance this is a 4.7 S

F) All 928S models were available NEW with the no cost option of No Spoilers , meaning no front or rear spoilers fitted , we have one customer that has a 1983 928S that was ordered new with NO spoilers & I know of at least one other in NSW

G ) Sunroof , yes a lot of the "S" models had a sunroof ( very trendy at that time ) , but it was always available on the 928 4.5L as well as an option 

H ) With the round clock & No A/C button ( early climate control versions had no seperate A/C button ) dead give away its an S 

I )  It has the big bulky pleated / padded comfort seats that the 928S model came with & because the seats in this car are pleated front & rear , then there is a very good chance these are the seats this car came with new ( meaning its a S )  & yes they look as if they have been re -leathered , along with a lot of the interior , the 4.5L standard 928 just had the non pleated much slimmer seats ( front & rear )  = its a S 

4.7S   3 speed Auto UK delivery , with no spoilers & no side protection strips ( these were an option new depending on country ), looks like a nice car 

Regards

Bruce Buchanan

Archived