Converting my 997.2 speedo from MPH to KPH in Sydney?

Whytar

Just wondering if anyone on PFA has had their clocks converted from MPH to KPH using a Sydney based company? I am shipping my 997.2 back with me from the UK to Sydney in a few months time and I'm trying to work out whether to have the conversion done here or in Sydney.

Been quoted about AUD$600 over here, but that includes choice of colour and custom text if desired on the tacho.

Advice appreciated guys...

The digital speedo can be set to km from the menus, think it might also update to km on the odometer automatically. For the physical readout I'm not totally sure. 

Check your manual for instructions

The Analogue dial face on the speedo would have to be changes but the digital speed read out in the tacho center can be changed via the onboard computer in settings form MPH to KPH  ,,,,,I would try to avoid a dealer on this one as they are most likely going to empty your wallet for you ...

PR Tech at Brookvale on Sydney,s Northern Beach,s are very good with all things Porsche and also Autohaus Hamiltons also in the Northern Beach,s area are both very good and passionate about our cars ,,,try them both :D

http://www.prtechnology.com.au/

http://autohaushamilton.com.au/

Thanks guys. I'm from the Northern Beaches not far from Hamiltons. so I will have a look at both. Porsche say they only replace the whole binnacle unit for about $2k so not really an attractive option.

There is place here in London that custom print the clocks onto OE plastic sheet, which look very good and can be totally tailored to your liking for around AUD$600 so I might have to just go with them and then it's done when the car arrives in Aus.

Thinking of keeping the 4 outer clocks white - and having the tacho done in red just for something different?

I know you could buy after market dial face,s for 997,s from Suncoast for $750 USD so $600 AUD sounds like good value,,,,,,,,,,,Dealer can put the $2k were the sun don,t shine ,,sure they just make figure up .........

Archived