Exhaust Tips / Suspension for 996 - Ideas?

Jim45

My 996 came with the turbo tips looking for some single, round tips in matte black.

Any suggestions for decent exhaust shop in Sydney (South) or online supplier?

I'm not sure whether to go 3 or 4 inch out - I think the inlet is 2.5 inch - happy to be corrected.

Cheers - Jim.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Still looking to be honest. I'm over the current tips as they stick out excessively and you can see they are tips side on.

I like these as they would tie in with the black car / red calipers.

Inteligente-54-reta-Inlet54mm-Outlet76mm

I think round will work but the issue is the exhaust outlet is not dead centre of the bumper cut out so whatever I do it's going to need some work fitment wise.

Jim.

^^ They are nice  - I have never see tips like that - Cant go wrong with a splash of carbon. IMO round exit tips might interrupt the shape. Another option if you opt for oval shape are enclosed fabspeed tips, depending on cost of exhaust fabrication and tips this may be cheaper and direct bolt on/off as opposed to welded fabrication. I have the standard 996 C2 tips, have danced around the idea of changing tips and then get tired of it. I agree though the turbo tips look sightly out of place on a narrow body Carrera.

http://www.hardracing.com/AUTO/Exhaust/FABSPEED/Porsche/FabspeedPorsche996GT3.htm

Fabspeed996&GT3LongOvalBlackTips.jpg

I have those ^ bookmarked as well!

As you say the price of fabrication would probably be the same as just buying the fab speed tips.

I'm also hanging out to get the car lowered but need to sell another car first...

Jim.

So many choices with the springs and shocks - My budget was under $2k for the effort which left me with 3 options; H&R cup kit are about $1600 (springs/shocks), Koni shocks and H&R or Ebach springs about $1900 or Vogtland kit about $1400 (shocks/springs). So I went with the Vogtland Suspension Kit 30mm drop -shocks + springs through Vogtland. They're expected to come next week and will have them installed in a couple of weeks, I am pretty sure my 966 is on original shocks and springs. Looking forward to the tighter /lower,sharper drive and remove that 4wd stance. Would love to just go all out and do it properly with KW or Bilstien coilover kit but my income dictates. A couple of years ago with a previous car I bought cheap coilovers (DGR coils) and they were rubbish - changed back to the OEM Merc amg suspension after 2 months. Its always the same way - got to pay to play. :)

I'm at the "which suspension option" as well. My 996 is running original suspension and sits way too high.

Previously used K-Sport on a Subaru Liberty GT and I've had no issues at all in 2.5 years and it's exactly the ride height I want.

Design 911 n the UK have these: http://tinyurl.com/z6w6haa which I've read a couple of good reports about.

All their options: http://tinyurl.com/z28uq4b

Also considered second hand GT3 coil-overs, finding them is a different story!

I've also looked at the The H&R / Eibach / M030 path as well but I need to be able to set it exactly or it will drive me mad!

Would be interested to see your car once you've installed the suspension upgrade.

Jim.

Design 911 n the UK have these: http://tinyurl.com/z6w6haa which I've read a couple of good reports about.

They seem very decent for the price.

I was contemplating Ceika (order built for vehicle) from Taiwan and apparently founded in South Australia, I emailed them etc then decided the shock/spring set up. The DGR's were simply not a correct fit for the Merc, no doubt they may be decent coils but were not designed for that particular euro. Ksport have a strong reputation and I have always envied the aftermarket parts of both quality and quantity available for Japanese cars. 

Its a reassuring that there are Porsche's with DesignTek fitted and tracked and used as a daily. Good find.

Google has a couple 986 with them fitted and solid feedback also.

http://ceikaperformance.com/Custom-Built-Coilovers-c10/

About CEIKA: 

Created by car lovers for car lovers in 2010 in Australia. We specialize in bolt-on custom suspensions and big brake kits for unique and custom vehicles and we have built kits for a wide range of cars, custom race cars, rally/baja cars and even trikes. Used in pro level rally, drift, circuit time attack/racing and gymkhana with top results in Australia, Japan, USA, and France. Our kits have also been used by TAFE South Australia to teach students about building race cars and setting skills.Working on our drift, track and street cars are our main hobby too. So we look forward to hearing about your mad projects!  Over the years and with thousands of kits made, we've had zero shocks leaking or failing due to defects. And almost no returns and warranty claims. 
Complete set of 4 high performance coilovers:

Custom built with aerospace grade materials and seals from Japan
Shock valving, travel and height range set individually to suit your spring rates and use
Suitable for rally, racing, and street
12 months warranty
Manufacturing takes 3 to 10 days for 1-way kits depending on specs and up to 30 working days for 2-way inverted dampers.
3 to 5 days express shipping worldwide
Direct bolt-in guaranteed

I've come across those as well - I started researching exactly what I needed, as they are configurable, and got sidetracked working it out!

Any reason you didn't go with them?

Jim.

So many choices with the springs and shocks - My budget was under $2k for the effort which left me with 3 options; H&R cup kit are about $1600 (springs/shocks), Koni shocks and H&R or Ebach springs about $1900 or Vogtland kit about $1400 (shocks/springs). So I went with the Vogtland Suspension Kit 30mm drop -shocks + springs through Vogtland. They're expected to come next week and will have them installed in a couple of weeks, I am pretty sure my 966 is on original shocks and springs. Looking forward to the tighter /lower,sharper drive and remove that 4wd stance. Would love to just go all out and do it properly with KW or Bilstien coilover kit but my income dictates. A couple of years ago with a previous car I bought cheap coilovers (DGR coils) and they were rubbish - changed back to the OEM Merc amg suspension after 2 months. Its always the same way - got to pay to play. :)

I'd like to hear your feedback on Vogtland. 

I'm at the "which suspension option" as well. My 996 is running original suspension and sits way too high.

Previously used K-Sport on a Subaru Liberty GT and I've had no issues at all in 2.5 years and it's exactly the ride height I want.

All their options: http://tinyurl.com/z28uq4b

Also considered second hand GT3 coil-overs, finding them is a different story!

I've also looked at the The H&R / Eibach / M030 path as well but I need to be able to set it exactly or it will drive me mad!

Would be interested to see your car once you've installed the suspension upgrade.

I was at the "which suspension option"  but have now made up my mind on what to build my suspension mods around.  Have a slightly different 996 model, but reckon advice is equally transferable 

I was guided heavily and influenced by the post below  (after reading as many suspension threads that I could find eg 911uk, rennlist, pistons heads, 6 speed etc  ) from a well regarded P workshop in the UK

We do more turbo suspensions than anyone else and the preferences are as follows

1. B6 Sports if the dampers need replacing and you want just better than stock - they give a good improvement over standard and are cheaper, as well as being a better damper

2. PSS10 - if you want more focus on set up (adjustable)

3. Ohlins - same as PSS10s but what I would say is longevity is superior to PSS10 in terms of corrosion etc.

So if you are just looking for suspension refresh better than stock and can be used on occasional track days chose option 1.

If you are looking for something a little more focused, my current preference is the Ohlins. Either number 2 or 3 can be made to be very road focused if you want but then why do that if you can achieve the same with the B6 sports dampers.

Obviously the above is just dampers. Then you get into ARBs, control arms etc.

Ken

Yes, I have toyed with cheaper options, on other marks, but reckon if you are going to go full adjustable coilovers and willing  to spent the extra coin, in terms of overall package and pricing,  you will be hard pressed to beat these guys on pricing landed to your workshop for the Ohlins (to my complete surprise as I hardly purchase any automotive car parts locally),  

http://www.prospeedracing.com.au/products/ohlins-r-t-coilover-system-suit-porsche-996-carrera-4-tu.html

If on a budget and neutral about coilovers,  option 1 above seems hard to beat and if you want to go lower height, throw in some HR lowering springs to your order from the guys below

http://www.carnewal.com/products/P96/p96081-C2/Bilstein-B6-Sport-Shocks-for-P96-C2

PS Currently with fx rate differentials, as I see it, If buying from O/S, generally you will be hard pressed to beat pricing from Carnewal (other suspension options mentioned in this thread are on their website)  on what they stock (easy-square for everything else)  delivered to your door (and that takes into account you getting dinged the circa 20% customs duties and clearance cost.

On the 996 Carrera's can you lower and set and forget tyre wear by simply addressing it via an alignment?

Eg I won't be entertaining coilovers without investing in some rear adjustable lower control arms and rear toe links to assist with extending tire life via opening up wheel alignment optionality 

In which case,  very surprised that  no need for aftermarket as a genuine  pair of new 996 GT3 lower adjustable control arms plus thrust arm bushing for circa 1K AUD can be had. 

I was at the "which suspension option"  but have now made up my mind on what to build my suspension mods around.  Have a slightly different 996 model, but reckon advice is equally transferable 

I was guided heavily and influenced by the post below  (after reading as many suspension threads that I could find eg 911uk, rennlist, pistons heads, 6 speed etc  ) from a well regarded P workshop in the UK.............

Cheers for the input. I'll do some research in regard to B6 + Eibach / Koni / HR springs etc.

What I'm doing is for street use really with maybe an occasional track day. But I still like to get out and have a drive when conditions permit....

Cheers Jim

A pull from a website with a bit of feedback on the spring differences - H&R, Eibach etc. 
Porsche_996TT_ron_Kline_Catted_Xpipe_Airrex_Forgestar-36

Ron‘s Porsche 996 Turbo on Forgestar F14 Wheels with Airrex Air Suspension System

Even on a Porsche, there’s still some wheelgap that can keep the car’s stance from looking as good as it could, and the handling of your Porsche can be improved even further with the right suspension upgrades.

There are several different methods for lowering your Porsche 996 out there, so we’ll be doing a quick recap of what’s available.

The most common methods are Lowering Springs, Coilovers and Air Suspension. We’ll start with the simplest of the three – lowering springs for the Porsche 996 Suspension.

Porsche_996_Carrera_4S_Vogtland_Springs_Img002

If you want to keep things on the closer-to-stock side, Sport Springs or Lowering Springs are a great way to do that. Vogtland Springs for Porsche 996 Carrera will lower your 996 1.2 inches both front and rear and lowers the center of gravity. Vogtland Springs are specifically tuned for comfort while also lowering the car and improving handling. If you’re looking for a conservative spring, Vogtland is just what you want.

Porsche-996-Red-Ruger5-Eibach-Springs-img002

Porsche 996 on Ruger 5 Satin Silver Wheels on Eibach Pro-Kit Springs for Porsche 996

Another great option for most daily drivers is a set of Eibach Pro-Kit Springs for Porsche 996, which drop the car and improve handling without significantly impacting ride quality, and also offers a slightly sportier feel than Vogtland. Eibach is a middle of the road compromise as sport springs go, balanced for comfort and handling. Available for Carrera and Turbo models, these springs drop the car .8in for most 996s and 1.2in for C2 models.

Porsche-996-Carrera-2S-Eibach-Springs-img001
Eibach Springs are fairly comfortable, but don’t let that fool you, they’re still quite capable of trackday performance, as seen on the white GT3 below.

Porsche-996-GT3-white-Eibach-Springs-img003

Now let’s say you want something sportier and firmer than the “goldilocks” feel of Eibachs.

Porsche_996_Carrera_CF10_HR_Sport_Springs_Fabspeed_IntakeExhaust-47

Forgestar CF10 Gunmetal 19x85et45 19x11et52 on 02 Porsche Carrera 4S [996] on H&R Springs

If you’re looking for a sportier, firmer ride, check out a set of Sport Springs from H&RH&R Sport Springs are the sportier option for Sport Springs, typically riding slightly stiffer than Eibachs and offer a 1.2in front and rear drop as well.

Porsche_996_Carrera_CF10_HR_Sport_Springs_Fabspeed_IntakeExhaust-41

H&R Sport Springs for Porsche 996 are available for Carrera 2, Carrera 4, 4S and of course 911 Turbo, offering a drop of 1.25in front and rear on Carrera 2’s, and 1in drop on all Carrera 4 and 4S models as well as 911 Turbos.

Porsche_996_Carrera_CF10_HR_Sport_Springs_Fabspeed_IntakeExhaust-40

Porsche-996-Carrera-4S-GT3-H&R-Springs-img001

While lowering springs do deliver the drop most drivers are after, you have to consider the fact that lowering springs don’t offer any sort of adjustment, and installing a set of coilovers takes the same amount of effort as installing a set of lowering springs.

That’s why if your 996 has more than 50,000 miles on it, the OEM shocks are donezo anyways, so swapping out to a set of coilovers to both lower the car and replace the shocks all at the same time becomes a surprisingly fiscally sound option. Check out some of the Coilovers available for the 996:

porsche-996-carrera-4s-on-gm-forgestar-cf10-img007

Coming in at just over $1150 USD (as of press time, prices subject to change), a set of BC Racing Coilovers for Porsche 996 is shockingly affordable and one of the few parts on the market exempt from the “Porsche Tax”. These 30 way adjustable coilovers offer a ton of bang for the buck at a fraction of what the next closest option costs.

Porsche-996-Carrera-2S-HR-Coilovers-img004

A set of H&R Street Performance Coilovers for Porsche 996 are another popular option among Porsche enthusiasts. These offer fewer adjustments than the BC Coilovers but do come with the history and pedigree of the H&R name, you can trust these are high quality coilovers. However, we should caution you that H&R Coilovers tend to ride a bit stiffer than other coilovers on the market, so keep this in mind when making your coilover purchasing decision.

Porsche-996-Carrera-4S-HR-ClubsportH &R Coilovers are available for every variant of the 996 platform, making them an excellent option.

Porsche-996-Carrera-2-Bilstein-PSS9-Coilovers-img001
Bilstein Coilovers are also a popular option, like the Bilstein PSS9s fitted to the 996 above. Bilsteins are a motorsports-oriented part, but reputedly the PSS9 offers outstanding handling without taking away from the ride quality.

Porsche-996-Ohlins-Road-n-Track

Last but not least, if you want the most performance out of your suspension, look no further than a set of OHLINS Coilovers for Porsche 996Ohlins Suspensions‘ Road And Track coilovers have all the features you want for a road race car, with full adjustments, dual flow valves and a variety of features only found on top-tier coilovers.

Porsche-996-carrera-kw-v3-coilovers-rotiform4

Last but not least, of course we offer KW Coilovers for Porsche 996 from fully adjustable V3s and to track-ready KW Clubsport Coilovers – the Clubsports are an especially great idea if you daily drive your 996 but still want to be ready for track day weekends. 

Porsche-996-Carrera-KW-V3-Coilovers-at-Pocono-img005Many Porsche Enthusiasts claim that KW V3s or OEM X73 coilovers offer the best ride quality of any of the coilovers on the market for the 996, but like anything related to “feel”, it’s subjective.

Whatever option you decide on, Lowering Springs or Coilovers are a solid choice for dropping your 996.

However, if you want to be able to raise and lower your 996 to look its best everywhere you go, ON DEMAND, there’s only one way to go: Air.

Festival_of_Speed_Porsche_2015_ModAuto_B

Air Suspension like AirRex Air Suspension Systems for Porsche is the only way you can change your ride height in real time, on the fly. While your author doesn’t have air suspension, now we’ll defer to someone who does.

Here’s what ModBargains Cofounder Ron had to say about his experience:

“The more I drive in Los Angeles, the more I realize how unfriendly the road and driveways are, no matter what angle or speed you take them at. The only way around it, was to have something I could adjust ride height wise on the fly.

I’ve enjoyed a lot of suspension systems over time, I recently wrote about BC’s on my C63, and my stock Porsche suspension was seriously lacking. I opted for anAirRex Air Suspension System. It was something of a controversial decision, but let me explain why I went this route:

First off, I wanted to be able to have that slammed lock when I was parked, but I also didn’t want to damage my vehicle especially if I change out the front bumper or front lip as I plan to do.”

Porsche_996TT_ron_Kline_Catted_Xpipe_Airrex_Forgestar-33

“I’d figured out that AirRex would stand up to the ride height challenge of the streets of LA, but there was the big question of whether or not I would lose performance with Air Suspension on a Porsche. The common thinking is that air suspension doesn’t handle well, and that’s not necessarily the case. Airrex is actually a full coilover with their own air management system, if anything, it is one of the few- if not only- true complete Air Suspension kits out there, others are a hodge-podge mix of Frankensteined parts trying to work together.

You’ll never see those hodgepodge systems in racing applications for those reasons, yet AirRex was
the exact opposite, the encouraged it to be on a racing circuit. They encouraged the performance minded individual; performance is actually improved in dropping unsprung weight as less weight is needed in the suspension arm as there is no spring, just the air bag -which is extremely durable.”

Festival_of_Speed_Porsche_2015_ModAuto_B

Now about the installation, with an Air system, there’s a lot more plumbing and work that has to happen to get it installed, and that’s more labor than you’d see with a coilover or spring, though that’s to be expected.

How was the installation? Here’s what Ron had to say about that:

“Install wise, is one of the most straight forward, easiest air suspensions for a vehicle, about an approx. 1-1.5 day install, rather than 4-5 days for air suspension like it’d take with other brands.

I should mention that I did need new adjustable sway bar end links (especially with the movement I was going to allow for the coilovers), which the guys at Whiteline were able to supply for me, their Sway Bar Endlinks fit perfectly with no issues at all (looked pretty cool too).

Some things to note, based on lots of our experience here with air suspension, figuring out the normal ride height is critical in making the proper adjustment. Without a spring, you don’t want the air bag to be overly inflated; you want some play with it. Head tech Dave at our ModAuto is a master at figuring it all out. Once we dialed that in, at the normal drive height I wanted it. The rest was adjustment on the dampening. That required me to go out for a few drives with the car, to set it my preferences. So after a couple spirited driving, I found myself stiffening the rear a bit, and softening the front a bit, everyone will have their own choice, but to make the adjustment is simple, just turn of the knob and that’s it.

The other great thing about air suspension, is how quickly corner balancing could be done here at ModAuto, wasn’t a long process like it would be for the traditional coilover. I set up my 3 settings, very easy, setting 1 – Lowest to the ground for parking mode, 2 – Regular driving mode, & 3 – Raised Mode/Valet/Wife borrowing the car mode so that it doesn’t get messed up. Then after corner balance it was an alignment at
setting 2 (my regular driving mode). Car is ready to go.

So how does the car feel? Once I setup the suspension the way I wanted it, surprisingly well. It’s not as rough as some of the vehicles I’ve been in. I won’t say it’s in the area of high end coilovers like a 5-8K kit like Ohlins might offer, but it is pretty much in line with a coilover that runs 2-3K generally. Comfort is there but most importantly the convenience is amazing. Every time someone is in the car and I raise or lower it they are blown away, even the valet guys just go crazy, and ask me to always park it up front, and lowered to the ground which I’ll oblige with. So the extra features for me are really worth it, I really get the convenience of having it all and a suspension that is better than the stock one from Porsche.

Porsche_996TT_ron_Kline_Catted_Xpipe_Airrex_Forgestar-32

So, where did Ron put the Air Management system and reservoir in the car, you might be wondering?

See, AirRex comes with a premade box for all vehicles, which is really awesome of them, but for the Porsche, unfortunately it won’t fit, since on rear engine Porsches, we have that tiny luggage bonnet (aka the FRUNK). What we ended up doing was the custom job option that they offer, and so we removed the unnecessary wheel donut area, and created our own location for it. Since Ron would be both displaying his 996 at shows as well as putting the car through daily driver use, we had to figure out some kind of solution to keep the car as usable as possible.Ron came up with the idea of a dual purpose enclosure for the Airrex system, a version for carrying luggage, and one with a illuminated window for show use. Ron went with an OEM luggage kind of look to suite the factory Porsche kind of personality the car still has.

Whatever you decide, any of these options are great options for your 996.

Have questions about how to best set up the suspension of your Porsche 996? Consult our Mod Experts for their advice at 714-582-3330, chat live at ModBargains.com or stop by the ModAuto showroom in La Habra, CA and talk to our experts in person.

My package came today - the shocks are Bilstein (Bilstein / made in Germany [stamped on the metal] - 99633305148 BJ0 -on the rear shocks), 

Quite happy so far as the set up was $1360 AUD delivered.  

Will post when they are fitted. 

IMG_20160621_1348382.jpg

IMG_20160621_1349024.jpg

IMG_20160621_1349229.jpg

The rear has settled a little since then, but thankfully the front has stayed. As you know, they drive like they are on rails, just a little more so now ;) It means slow over speed-humps and up occasional scrapes on driveways (the front flaps), otherwise love the look, easier to clean roof and good leg squat workout getting in and out :lol:

Bummer - :(  my timing is always as such - there are some new Gemballa coilovers on ebay (au) for the C2. 

"Porsche carrera 911 996 new gemballa front and rear coil over" - Manufacturer Part Number:  HA-996-SF - VA-996-SF

The rear has settled a little since then, but thankfully the front has stayed. As you know, they drive like they are on rails, just a little more so now ;) It means slow over speed-humps and up occasional scrapes on driveways (the front flaps), otherwise love the look, easier to clean roof and good leg squat workout getting in and out :lol:

:D 30mm drop looks excellent. 

Bummer - :(  my timing is always as such - there are some new Gemballa coilovers on ebay (au) for the C2. 

"Porsche carrera 911 996 new gemballa front and rear coil over" - Manufacturer Part Number:  HA-996-SF - VA-996-SF

:D 30mm drop looks excellent. 

Might have bookmarked them!

Just having trouble finding specs for them....sent the guy a text but he had no info.

Jim.

PFA Forum member "Uncle" I would shoot him a p.m as he had a balling Gemballa and may have some further insight.

From Rennlist:

http://rennlist.com/forums/996-forum/24301-gemballa-coil-overs.html

I have a TT, the suspension setup is pretty close to your C4. Gemballa coilovers are built by H&R --- confirmed by both H&R USA and Gemballa USA.
There were numerous discussions on the TT board and on also on Funcarsonline.com. It appears that Gemballa coilovers are pretty much the same as H&R coilovers which you can get at www.carnewal.com for about $2,000 

Dayton, 

As far as I know, FVD coilover kit for 996 AWD uses Eibach springs, "all others" i.e. Gemballa, Cargraphic, TechArt use H&R springs. I don't know what Ruf uses --- looks like H&R also (?)

My package came today - the shocks are Bilstein (Bilstein / made in Germany [stamped on the metal] - 99633305148 BJ0 -on the rear shocks), 

Quite happy so far as the set up was $1360 AUD delivered.  

Will post when they are fitted. 

IMG_20160621_1348382.jpg

IMG_20160621_1349024.jpg

IMG_20160621_1349229.jpg

Seems you have done very well, particularly if those stampings are anything to go by

Eg 99633305148  Genuine part for a single shock is 339 eur (from EASY SQUARE) AND 478 (from fcp Groton/ euro)  usd  ex shipping costs

Just out of interest, who is installing your coilovers / doing the wheel alignment.  

Also, my experience with lowering cars is tyre wear increases unless you can address  it via a wheel alignment via camber and toe settings.  But to achieve those settings, generally you need some level of adjustability via your controls arms / toe links beyond what stock components allow.  Is tyre wear and lowering not an issue on A 996 CS (it appears to be an issue on the  996 turbo )?

Seems you have done very well, particularly if those stampings are anything to go by

Eg 99633305148  Genuine part for a single shock is 339 eur (from EASY SQUARE) AND 478 (from fcp Groton/ euro)  usd  ex shipping costs

Look like they are these:

Front: http://www.design911.com/Bilstein-B4-FRONT-Shock-Absorber-22-147448/prod21635/

180 GBP / 235 EUR / 353 AUD

Rear: http://www.design911.com/Bilstein-B4-REAR-shock-absorber-24-147644-VNE-E764/prod21636/

166 GBP / 216 EUR / 326 AUD

For all 4 its about what Macca paid for the same thing with springs and delivered!

Score...!

Those Vogtland discount massively at check out!

Jim

Just out of interest, who is installing your coilovers / doing the wheel alignment.  

Also, my experience with lowering cars is tyre wear increases unless you can address  it via a wheel alignment via camber and toe settings.  But to achieve those settings, generally you need some level of adjustability via your controls arms / toe links beyond what stock components allow.  Is tyre wear and lowering not an issue on A 996 CS (it appears to be an issue on the  996 turbo )?

My indie will do the install of the shocks/springs.(there is a workshop further up the road that he deals with for alignment) Indie is a Merc specialist but had no issue with the 996 -recently fixing the whining sound (adjusted the shims and replaced the bearings - the tranny is a merc) from the diff (backlash) and IMS upgrade recently. I have solid confidence in him and due to him being a mate, difficult to go anywhere else. Tyre wear I am unsure - my 996 had achillies rubbish for the road worthy so I replaced with sumi HRZ3's all round but the rear are now close to done. The wear is even, I am soon on the look out for some replacements. I put 295/30/18 on the rear (225 front) and will go 285's this time. In heavy rain the front is loose (aquaplanes) whilst the rears stabilise the car. I am still getting used to the 911 driving characteristics ; wet stable driving then a quick "holy sh*t" moment that brings me back to earth. I don't drive like a madman;only stretch the legs when there is an open road that I am familiar with. Hoping the suspension will improve the ride quality (and tranny mount) and seriously looking to jump on one of the track days to understand the car more. 

Archived