996tt v 997 tt Auto

I was just wondering,

I  know the 996 tt auto had big problems with the auto, was this the same problem with the 997tt in auto 

or is a 997tt in auto ok  v  a manual option ?

cheers 

Paul

I was just wondering,

I  know the 996 tt auto had big problems with the auto, was this the same problem with the 997tt in auto 

or is a 997tt in auto ok  v  a manual option ?

cheers 

Paul

Not sure if there were any major problems with Auto boxes in either - just know the 'collective' prefer a manual. Later 997 cars however have PDK which is a completely different beast. if you want an auto - that's the one to get if you can afford the premium

If you get an auto 997tt make sure you get one with the sport chrono or factor in upgrading as it makes a big big difference to the sportiness. Without the sport chrono the auto box is a bit dim witted but still smater than most other auto boxes. Compared to PDK it is slow to learn and fast to forget your driving style but other than that and starting in 2nd for normal mode the are a lot of similarities. Always moves of in 1st in sport mode. 997tt auto has launch control but it is not advertised. I think the box is made by Mercedes. 

Happy hunting

also a manual 997.2 is a very rare care

Indeed. 

997.1 gives a fair upgrade in power from very little money, 997.2 motor does not

Auto is much stronger to upgrades, manual not so much so and clutch is a weak point with upgrades

Archived