karma korna...dirty good deeds done...

michel

Moderators perhaps there is an existent thread? If so point me in its direction. If not a sticky then it should be..

big thx to Hughesy for collecting my  exhaust , from a Sydney address, then persuading  a client possibly with the application of sharp needles , to transport it to a highway rendezvous north of Canberra..., many thx... Good karma ... Batter up ... If I can assist anyone in a good deed let me know .

image_129.jpeg

image_130.jpeg

• 2 months later...

Well gents, while the keys are not yet in my hands I bought a 944 S2.  

I fly down to Sydney tomorrow morning to pick it up.  Saving any hitches (God forbid) I should pick it up around lunch time & head straight over to Buchanans for a full inspection & a list of make good repairs on the deferred maintenance. 

I want to acknowledge the very kind & generous help that Michel & Rob provided in assisting me to get into my first Porsche.  I am sure that they could have purchased the vehicle themselves & turned it around for a tidy little profit.  Instead they afforded me the opportunity to get into a great car that I will have fun trying to bring back to a great daily driver.  It shows a true generosity of spirit & I thank them both very much.  I might also extend a very grateful thanks to all the people who have shared their advice & good humor over the last 18mths whilst I have been haunting this forum & asking stupid questions about these great machines.  

Now I am just praying that BB doesn't find anything too horrific.  With luck I can get it on the road without too much pain & deal with the cosmetics (it is pretty tatty) in the future.

cheers,

Jason

Well gents, while the keys are not yet in my hands I bought a 944 S2.  

I fly down to Sydney tomorrow morning to pick it up.  Saving any hitches (God forbid) I should pick it up around lunch time & head straight over to Buchanans for a full inspection & a list of make good repairs on the deferred maintenance. 

I want to acknowledge the very kind & generous help that Michel & Rob provided in assisting me to get into my first Porsche.  I am sure that they could have purchased the vehicle themselves & turned it around for a tidy little profit.  Instead they afforded me the opportunity to get into a great car that I will have fun trying to bring back to a great daily driver.  It shows a true generosity of spirit & I thank them both very much.  I might also extend a very grateful thanks to all the people who have shared their advice & good humor over the last 18mths whilst I have been haunting this forum & asking stupid questions about these great machines.  

Now I am just praying that BB doesn't find anything too horrific.  With luck I can get it on the road without too much pain & deal with the cosmetics (it is pretty tatty) in the future.

cheers,

Jason

good on ya Jason (and Michael and rob) years ahead of fun (and cost^_^) hi fives all 'round!

• 5 months later...

I've bought an old skool scissor lift ... Gold Coast. Been bought to give to an old Skool semi retired Porsche mechanic. Reg Percy . Can't stand seeing him clambering around at his age on his hands and knees

can anyone assist in getting it from Gold Coast to anywhere south? Ideally canberra but Sydney ok also and I'll collect and drive it to bermqgui 

•  
  •  

•  

Archived