Parts compatibility

Dr3amrJR

Hi all,

After doing some research on the Internet and coming up with nothing, I thought I'd ask the forum because I'm sure there's someone here that can help me out.

I have a 1986 (oval dash) model 944 and I'm wondering how many parts from a 924 are compatible with the 944... for a start, I'd like to know if the rear wiper motor and the wiper itself is compatible. Also, are the rear lights compatible? And the rubber ring around the rear hatch lock? Any information about compatible parts would be nice to find out.. eg .... any websites that I can visit.

Thanks!

Hi all,

After doing some research on the Internet and coming up with nothing, I thought I'd ask the forum because I'm sure there's someone here that can help me out.

I have a 1986 (oval dash) model 944 and I'm wondering how many parts from a 924 are compatible with the 944... for a start, I'd like to know if the rear wiper motor and the wiper itself is compatible. Also, are the rear lights compatible? And the rubber ring around the rear hatch lock? Any information about compatible parts would be nice to find out.. eg .... any websites that I can visit.

Thanks!

Anything to do with the rear hatch are the same. 
Stuff like visor clips and small bits and pieces are the same. 
Not sure about the front windscreen motor. but the headlight motors are the same/similar. I have a 924 one in mine because mine burnt out. 
Steering wheels are interchangeable. 

Things from the chassis are compatible but different (updated) noting from the engine is compatible. 

This is just from the top of my head. 

A good way to start might be to look up the parts catalogues for 944 and 924 and see if the part numbers are the same. You can download them from here:

http://www.porsche.com/usa/accessoriesandservices/classic/genuineparts/originalpartscatalogue/

this will definitely come in handy, thankyou!

Anything to do with the rear hatch are the same. Stuff like visor clips and small bits and pieces are the same. 
Not sure about the front windscreen motor. but the headlight motors are the same/similar. I have a 924 one in mine because mine burnt out. 
Steering wheels are interchangeable. 

thank for this information!! Sounds good, it's great that they're so similar ... makes parts much easier to get!

this will definitely come in handy, thankyou!

thank for this information!! Sounds good, it's great that they're so similar ... makes parts much easier to get!

If you look at the part number you'll know what it's off. at the start of the number if the first 3 numbers are 924 then it's originally from a 924. you'll usually see 924 944 928 part numbers. 

Also bosch stuff with porsche part numbers. you can find the same part with different numbers on it at a lower price like the 944's speed and reference sensors. I have bmw part numbers on mine. same part. longer leads and cheaper. 

Brandon if you want the hatch lock sealing ring contact James from autohaus, it's only a couple of bucks but order some other bits with it so you are not paying postage on 1 item.

James will find most of your stuff for you but look up ebay and pelican parts first and compare pricing.

Lately i have found parts from Germany and the UK are cheaper than the US and sometimes postage from Europe is way cheaper.

Also bosch stuff with porsche part numbers. you can find the same part with different numbers on it at a lower price like the 944's speed and reference sensors. I have bmw part numbers on mine. same part. longer leads and cheaper. 

These sensors are very expensive, what Pauly said, i did the same thing with my sensors, BMW but longer leads and about $200 cheaper.

Look me up if you need to know anything it might save you a lot of time looking for stuff, i reckon you will be looking for the same bits and pieces i was looking for.

Brandon if you want the hatch lock sealing ring contact James from autohaus, it's only a couple of bucks but order some other bits with it so you are not paying postage on 1 item.

sounds great, I'll definitely contact him and there are a few things I need all at once so I'll be sure to do it all at once ..

Look me up if you need to know anything it might save you a lot of time looking for stuff, i reckon you will be looking for the same bits and pieces i was looking for.

yep I know you can help whenever I need it and I'll be sure to call you if I have trouble with anything ... as dad and I say, you're the 944 guru ;)  thanks for always helping out ...

sounds great, I'll definitely contact him and there are a few things I need all at once so I'll be sure to do it all at once ..

yep I know you can help whenever I need it and I'll be sure to call you if I have trouble with anything ... as dad and I say, you're the 944 guru ;)  thanks for always helping out ...

Hardly mate there's guys on here that know more than i ever will.

Archived