Sports Cats for 993

Chris-p

Has anybody had any experience with replacing the standard Cat converters on a 993 with sports type cats that have half or even less the restriction?

Steve Porter, you are the exhaust guru for 993's :D was this what you did or was it a full cat bypass?

Interested in anybody's comments on this topic.

Cheers

Chris

Tried a full CAT Bypass Which sounded great but the car ran like a bag of shit even with 2 x rechipping. what I have now is the standard cats with modified mufflers. the car runs perfectly and sounds great I will include a link to the mufflers I am running

http://www.fdmotorsports.net/index_files/Page848.htm

Thanks Steve, and Toto for the advice, much appreciated. Steve, have you made any suspension mods to your car. I have been reading a bit about the Bilstein HD P8 setup using the standard sports springs which seems to get a pretty good rap on rennlist. Interested to hear what you have done to yours.

Thanks

Chris

Steve, how did you go about it the change over. Did you have to send your mufflers to the US to get modified?

C

No, I did not want to mess with the originals (just in case) so I purchased a set on ebay in the states for a few hundred and had them shipped to F.D. who did their magic . Totally pain free, F.D are great to deal with

Thanks Steve, and Toto for the advice, much appreciated. Steve, have you made any suspension mods to your car. I have been reading a bit about the Bilstein HD P8 setup using the standard sports springs which seems to get a pretty good rap on rennlist. Interested to hear what you have done to yours.

Thanks

Chris

I have H&R progressive spirngs and Bilstein HD`s

Steve, did you buy the bilsteins locally or bring them in yourself?

I am sitting in hangzhou writing this and it's 5c bit different to yesterday when I left Melbourne....

Cheers

Chris

I got them from Pelican 1 Pair at a time a couple of weeks apart

Steve, did you buy the bilsteins locally or bring them in yourself?

I am sitting in hangzhou writing this and it's 5c bit different to yesterday when I left Melbourne....

Cheers

Chris

If you had taken a pair with you to hangzou someone there could have copied them and knocked you up a set while you had a coffee

Archived