Inline six for new Mercs

I read that earlier today. Very interesting with the Electric turbo (or I suppose it would be better to call it an electric supercharger). I am interested to see how smoothly it all works together.

Love it, except for all the gizmos attached to it!

They used to make a really sweet inline 6, the m104 :)

Side point, try and find a NA engine now in a new car.... and a V8....

I found a biturbo V8 under my bonnet and it has absolutely zero charm, character or charisma....not.  The noise....

I found a biturbo V8 under my bonnet and it has absolutely zero charm, character or charisma....not.  The noise....

Imagine the noise without a couple of large hairdryers muffling it! Oh you can, just listen to your GTS :P

So as a proud, early adopting 928 GTS owner I can't be of the belief that our C63s has a better exhaust note?  Even with an RMB fitted to the GTS...   Yeah old skool shmould skool.

You can believe what you want to comrade :)

Sort of off track from the point I was trying to make, I cannot if I want to buy a NA V8, 6 or what ever easily.... most makers with the exception of a very limited few have abandoned NA engines. I think this indeed is very sad. all for the sake of a few CO2 emissions.... blinded by beaurocracy are the car makers.

It was a sad time when the guy with the red flag stopped walking along in front of the car to warn the yokels.  His voice was something...

Fender vs Gibson , Marshall vs Vox , we could argue all day about personal preferences! At least you can hear the exhausts in these cars, and we agree that electric cars are , um like amps with no speakers.

I'm not arguing personal prefs, I'm telling you what's better.

insert emoji; 47bc1020-33b2-11e4-8ef7-2bf3902a9d19_488

Archived