Ideal Performance enhancements for 3.2 Carrera

Schon911

Hi there,

I am new to this forum and just received my dream car 9 months ago. It is stock, however I have looked at Fabspeed exhausts, Steve Wong chips, etc... Has anyone out there in Aus or Melbourne tried and tested anything similar? Obviously I want to maximise power and sound (throatier the better!), yet return to stock easily if need be......

I still want to keep the clean lines at Stuttgart intended, so I am not looking at changing wheels, interior etc...

A few photos below

Cheers

post-731-0-10456400-1331513592_thumb.jpgpost-731-0-67310700-1331513600_thumb.jpg

Hi,

good to have another Porsche out this way...........may be worth a call to Mike Jacobsen at Spyder Automobiles at Warragul; I'm sure he can offer a few ways to make it go well.

regards

Peter

Hi,

Welcome to the world of the 3.2.

Depending on your budget you may want to consider the following "relatively" easily reversible mods.

I have done the following:

A set of SSI heat exchangers

Dansk Sport Muffler

Steve Wong Chip

K &N Air Filter

As far as maximising power without too much internal fiddling this is about as far as you can go. (happy to be corrected here)

From my experience, power increase hasnt been neck snapping but it sounds absolutely awesome, very throaty and raspy.

Cheers

Danny

Thanks Gents.

I think the Dansk systems have been getting a good wrap, but ill speak to Mike anyway.

I am yet to join the PCV but it would be good for a local "70s / 80s" 911 meet for anyone interested in the South East. I have recently been on some great runs between Warragul / Korumburra and up to Baw Baw.

Cheers

• 5 months later...

Thanks Gents.

I think the Dansk systems have been getting a good wrap, but ill speak to Mike anyway.

I am yet to join the PCV but it would be good for a local "70s / 80s" 911 meet for anyone interested in the South East. I have recently been on some great runs between Warragul / Korumburra and up to Baw Baw.

Cheers

You might like to meet up this sunday at Warragul Breaky club, then over to Mike's (Spyder Auto).Cheers.

• 2 weeks later...

Catalytic bypass.

Jury is out on the K&N but you can cut your existing airbox for a few more bhp.

Plenty of threads over at pelican on this topic including some interesting charts and dyno graphs.

Also you can start reducing the weight of the car. Throw out air conditioning system, rear seats, electric windows..... tip of the iceberg.

Good luck!

ED

• 3 months later...

I got the S.Wong chip and a monty muffler (direct) and love the sound and extra performance.

Amazing burble on deceleration - hoping a cat bypass will make it even better (without annoying the neighbours or wife!!).

Archived