Silver Speedster In Tassie?

TwoHeadsTas

Saw a sensational looking (on the road) silver 356 Speedster (twice) down the West Tamar (Northern Tassie) on Sunday.  Possibly Vic regn??? - sorry didn't take too much note as my tongue was hanging out just drinking in the lines as it drove past.  No idea if a genuine car, but it looked really cool.  Made my weekend seeing that, even better than finding out that the old Half Tonner yacht we "stole" on Ebay is actually quite a famous boat in Aussie sailing circles :-)

cheers

Peter

Made my weekend seeing that, even better than finding out that the old Half Tonner yacht we "stole" on Ebay is actually quite a famous boat in Aussie sailing circles :-)

cheers

Peter

Do share the story of the  1/2 tunner

OK, might have been the 550 replica I saw then, Would still like to have a good look over it sometime, it did look magic!!

Re the half tonner, looks like we (my syndicate) have manged to score Ken Beashel's "Industries" which came 6th in the 1977 Half Ton Cup.  Perhaps I exaggerate I bit when I say "quite famous" but for us it's great to have tracked down some history of what we thought was a reasonably ordinary Whiting 30 (which of course, it isn't :-))  Currently its located in the Blue Mountains,called Dire Straights and is red and white stripes (prior owned must be a Swans supporter) - we were toying with the idea of turning up in "Where's Wallly" gear to sail it.  When we've sold our Holland 25, we'll truck it down to Yaringa, have it re-rigged and engine checked out etc, and then sail over to Tassie, hopefully early next year.  The Beashel family is, of course, well known in Sydney, and even Australia wide with Colin Beashel being a crew member of Australia II

cheers

Peter

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys, been an occasional reader on PFA of late and thought I'd finally join.

TwoHeadsTas, I would say you saw the speedster replica getting round here in and around the Tamar Valley. Heard from a reliable source it's a replica. Quite well done hey, even the patina'd interior.

Archived