74 targa resto

stcos85

Sold  a couple of old datsuns and purchased this car. Previous owner had it about 9 months after it being in storage for over 10 years.

Bought it with a gearbox problem in the hope that it might just be the selector. 2 months after buying it the engine and gearbox are out. In addition front suspension has been removed to allow for repair of the battery tray area and the inner and outer panels where the front suspension arms mount up. That works now complete.

Gearbox is being rebuilt, engine tuned and fuel lines and bushes being replaced.

The car doesnt have its original engine, has a 77 engine and as you can see has 930 steel guards fitted many years ago.

car was originally lime green.

Apart from getting it mechanically up to scratch i am considering returning it to lime green and will be backdating it with panels ordered from Mike. This will include bumpers, long bonnet and ducktail.

will post up photos as it progresses

20161030_085714.jpg

Nice!  I vote for lime green.  You should find someone who wants those wide body panels pretty easily.

I should have said the wide arches are staying on the car thats why i wasnt sure about lime green. If it looked like this i would be very pleased

images-7_zps93md2yzk.jpg?w=480&h=480&fit

Go the Lime Green. Mikes panels are good, for fibreglass panels but do require a bit of fitment. Just see how he is going with the front bumpers. If you look at my "Fitting the Body kit" video, you can see that it needed a bit of fabrication to get it to fit.

Archived