964 Central Informer Unit

poli84

I'm after a working 964 Central Informer Unit p/n: 964 641 330 00.

This sits under the driver's side dash, above your right knee.

It's a long shot, but any local leads would be appreciated. I've called aPorschepart and have a price enquiry sent to Porsche Doncaster.

Photo for reference. 

s-l1600.jpg

It is the warning control unit,mounted under the dash on the steering column, and it receives inputs from all over the 964 from all of the monitored systems, Most of the warnings installed on the unit can be found in the owners manual of that particular 964 ,some have different warnings systems depend where the car comes from

It is the warning control unit,mounted under the dash on the steering column, and it receives inputs from all over the 964 from all of the monitored systems, Most of the warnings installed on the unit can be found in the owners manual of that particular 964 ,some have different warnings systems depend where the car comes from

Correct!

I've had a problem for the last few weeks where my number 18 fuse which sends power to the instrumentation cluster, was constantly blowing (resulting in no dash at all). Sourced it back to the central informer which has two connections powering a line 1 and a line 2 into the dash. My line one is working meaning I now have my gauges working again but the line 2 is the culprit (currently unplugged), meaning no warning lights on the dash (well most lights).

Tried a replacement from a UK 993 and the fuse didn't blow, but it was not compatible with the Aus 964 (warning lights all came on), I'm confident than another Australian 964 with matching part number should fix my problem. Thanks to Fraz, I have a lead on a local unit from a wrecker. 

A new unit from Porsche is $850 and is an exchange part meaning I had to hand over the old unit. 

Archived