Hong Kong - History Searching

Al

Further note - I pushed my Hong Kong Gov contact a little further and asked for exact dates on first and last registration and just received them. Woohoo!

I'll give it a few days and ask how many owners there were there. I'm sure I'll hit a limit with what they can release but going well so far without signing forms.

Still in disbelief I managed to get any info.

• 4 weeks later...

wow..

I also have an import from HK.

Has been in Australia since 1988..  I was informed by the infrastructure people in our capital that there simply is no record of cars imported pre 89 as they didnt have computers available.. =)

I would love to track its history..

• 3 weeks later...

my 1981 911SC sport coupe that I owned in Perth in the early 2000's was a HK import.

had a rust hole below the battery box/near the front torsion bar mount & also had quite a lot (missing metal/holes) near the vertical chassis stiffener pressed box sections near the rear torsion bar mounts.

Lots of mud traps to attract rust.

my 1973 2.4 E was originally delivered to HK but unusually it was exported to Norfolk Island which was apparently a tax dodge prior to import to New Zealand, i purchased the car out of NZ in 2003, it had led a pretty tough life but no more so than any other Porsche of its vintage.

https://motoringconbrio.com/2013/03/07/this-is-what-911-delivery-to-norfolk-island-looked-like-back-in-1982

via Bill Hallet the first NZ owner i was able to obatin all the original documentation, paperwork etc and some fabulous photos of the cars delivery to NI. The car has just turned over 100000 fully documented miles.

some more reading

http://therollingroad.blogspot.com.au/search?q=norfolk

Archived