Help!! 1998 Porsche in full lock down

ellsie28

Porsche_996_entry_1.thumb.jpg.12938845b6

The same thing happened to me 2 weeks after I bought my 996. The problem was that the car went into sleep mode and I had a broken linkage in the door lock. So after trying all of the solutions suggested except breaking a window.

The way I got in was to borrow a small air bladder and inflated it between the window and B pillar just enough to get my key in that was attached to a plastic ruler which then attached to an old metal brake line. I managed to get the key into the ignition and turned the car to accessory. I quickly then removed the bladder and inflated it in the passenger side window. I then inserted another rod through passengers side and pushed the central locking button. Hey presto I was in. The car visited Autohaus the next day and was fixed. 

Once you have gained access to the car, invest in one of these:

https://www.edisons.com.au/ctek-12v-5amp-mxs5-0-smart-battery-charger/?___store=default&gclid=Cj0KEQiAifvEBRCVx5up6Ojgr5oBEiQALHw1TnFzhIX_aHSOaBziuqA5gG9MRB5ydI-djmQzp0612aUaAh8P8P8HAQ

Ctek are the OEM for Porsche but if you want genuine Porsche then it will be this:

http://www.carnewal.com/products/All/p55042/Battery-Charger-Maintainer

Which you can get from any local Porsche dealer. They are about $168 from the dealers.

It will keep your car battery topped up all of the time and save you having to break in again.

The way I got in was to borrow a small air bladder and inflated it between the window and B pillar just enough to get my key in that was attached to a plastic ruler which then attached to an old metal brake line. I managed to get the key into the ignition and turned the car to accessory. I quickly then removed the bladder and inflated it in the passenger side window. I then inserted another rod through passengers side and pushed the central locking button. Hey presto I was in.

Holy Crap MacGyver

Nice work :) 

The same thing happened to me 2 weeks after I bought my 996. The problem was that the car went into sleep mode and I had a broken linkage in the door lock. So after trying all of the solutions suggested except breaking a window.

The way I got in was to borrow a small air bladder and inflated it between the window and B pillar just enough to get my key in that was attached to a plastic ruler which then attached to an old metal brake line. I managed to get the key into the ignition and turned the car to accessory. I quickly then removed the bladder and inflated it in the passenger side window. I then inserted another rod through passengers side and pushed the central locking button. Hey presto I was in. The car visited Autohaus the next day and was fixed. 

Is it April 1st or are you a genius! Incredible Like a movie scene locked in a cell and throwing the belt to grab the jail keys

Amazing story Well done

Porsche_996_entry_1.thumb.jpg.12938845b6

Wow now that is impressive!

I have a bunch of hooks and wedges sitting inside the car I have lost in trying to get the door open... I am scared the key would be the next MIA thing in the quest to open my car!

UPDATE!

I have ordered a second hand window (the second one I have had to order as they sent me the wrong one first go round) and I intend on "breaking the glass in case of emergency". The car has been off the road for 6 weeks now I think that equates to an emergency!

• 4 months later...

Wow now that is impressive!

I have a bunch of hooks and wedges sitting inside the car I have lost in trying to get the door open... I am scared the key would be the next MIA thing in the quest to open my car!

UPDATE!

I have ordered a second hand window (the second one I have had to order as they sent me the wrong one first go round) and I intend on "breaking the glass in case of emergency". The car has been off the road for 6 weeks now I think that equates to an emergency!

So, what was the end result??

• 4 weeks later...

Archived