944 ECU Tuning and Chip Upgrade

88mph

Have started looking into an ECU tune and chip upgrade.

One place I spoke with here in Perth suggested that for $975 I could have and extra 20 to 30hp.

This is for the 83 NA 2.5

Has anyone done this and can you recommend?

Cheers

944 DME FR Wilk Chip

Started by 944 Geek11 January

If you go & have a look at this topic, Geek has done it, the early ECU apparently will not take a new chip so you have to update your ECU, I am currently looking to get a chip for my 86 2.5Lt NA 944.
I found a few places, but they all talk about FR Wilk chips & I have had no luck so far tracking one of his chips down. 

I got told the same thing when I looked into it. Buy the S2 that's for sale on the forum and spend the extra dollars there.;)

I wish!! 

I've got too many cars at the moment, plus I'm not in too deep on my 944 so can justify the smaller expense. 

I wish!! 

I've got too many cars at the moment, plus I'm not in too deep on my 944 so can justify the smaller expense. 

There is no chip that can increase a 2.5 na engine 20-30hp.

The na engines don't need more fuel to produce more power, they need more air. No chip will give you that (without the assistance of a turbo).

Who is selling the upgrade, just out of interest?

An extra 20-30hp on an N/A 2.5 is dreaming.

I Agree. That much power requires more air and fuel. Its just physics. The Wilk chip I have just dramatically improved driveability

That flat spot up to 3 K is gone and it just barks off the line. The feels much 'lighter' to driive if that makes sense. Much more responsive. 163HP is plenty in this car but it always felt sluggish until now.

I Agree. That much power requires more air and fuel. Its just physics. The Wilk chip I have just dramatically improved driveability

That flat spot up to 3 K is gone and it just barks off the line. The feels much 'lighter' to driive if that makes sense. Much more responsive. 163HP is plenty in this car but it always felt sluggish until now.

What kind of improvement did it show on the dyno?

How much did it cost?

• 3 weeks later...

Good luck finding a good chip for a '86 NA 944. If you find one, i would love one too.

It would be nice just to sharpen up the throttle response in the mid range.

I had Steve Wong chip from the USA in my 3.2 and that was the most noticable improvement, but he had several attempts at it.

His first attempts were woeful with a ROW Euro spec motor.

Archived