996/997 anyone using semi solid engine mounts?

dan_189

Hey all,

Fair bit of talk about semi solid engine mounts from RSS and WEVO in the US.   

The feedback seems either for or against with the for being positive. 

Anyone have a pair of semi solid mounts installed? If so any thoughts? 

Put RSS semi solids in 6 months ago.

Definite increase in NVH, but engine used to feel like it was moving around a bit when exiting corners which has now gone - but the old ones did have 175k kms on them.

I've either become used to it now or they have softened a bit because the NVH is less annoying, but at some stage I'm considering going back to new standard mounts.

Most people seem to rave about how wonderful they are; I guess it depends on usage and personal preference.

Thanks for the input guys, guess its a difficult upgrade as its so subjective. I'm going to measure my mounts to see if they have dropped, If they have i'm thinking of going RSS as well.

I'll be installing them myself too.

Any experience with particular suppliers?

• 2 weeks later...

Just an update on this, checked my mounts they only hang at 1" which is how far they hang down when new. 

Noticed that a hose from my AOS to bank 4-6 has a slight leak so spending my effort replacing that. 

Nice, I passed due to mine being in good condition, genuine and reports of NHV.

When mine wear out ill consider these again.  

I ordered  genuine 964 rs semi solid mounts because of reported negligible NHV as opposed to reports with after after market sets  However you need to make sure you install the washers etc in the correct positions.

Archived