993 Gemballa Le Mans 570

Greetings from the deserts of Oman.

The local Porsche dealer has this amazing Gemballa modified 993 for sale. Price is OMR 18000 which is about AUD $45000. such a shame it is wrong hand drive but what a great track car! (It has race harnesses and roll cage.)

Porsche Gemballa Le mans 570 BITURBO

By the way, a brand new 991 Carrera costs OMR 40000 (AUD $100000) The joys of a tax free country where the price of premium unleaded is AUD $0.23 a litre!

Cheers,

Wayne

Good on you Wayne, good to hear from you. Pretty depressing though when you find out how much we get shafted by taxes and pricing gouging distributors.....

When you are back this way?

Cheers

Chris

Actually, I'm pretty sure it was gangsters and some shifty money deals were involved. Company taken over my previous customers/enthusiasts and hopefully will continue. Agree that the 993 looks better as original, those small lights are all wrong.

Now this is what I am talking about))) A good reason to look into getting qualified to import cars for race use. $45k for 993 gemballa, hopefully it will come with cash stuffed in the door trims.

Greetings from the deserts of Oman.

The local Porsche dealer has this amazing Gemballa modified 993 for sale. Price is OMR 18000 which is about AUD $45000. such a shame it is wrong hand drive but what a great track car! (It has race harnesses and roll cage.)

http://www.flickr.co...N08/4993823713/

By the way, a brand new 991 Carrera costs OMR 40000 (AUD $100000) The joys of a tax free country where the price of premium unleaded is AUD $0.23 a litre!

Cheers,

Wayne

Wayne, I tried to do a bit of research on cars in middle east (Oman etc) on a website http://www.drivearabia.com/classifieds/, and I got c**k blocked?? It reads "Forbidden - Users from your country are not permitted to browse this site."?? any ideas why?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived