Racing collectables

LeeM

I can't resist a bargain, especially when the word Porsche comes up. I saw this shirt and coupla caps on Gumtree last night for $30 ono the lot, and being as it's Porsche racing royalty with Dick Barbour, I had to grab it.

Go to collect it today, and the seller, Pete (who knows you @9er as he's a firey) tells me the story how he got hold of it. He was a firey at the Le Mans Race of a thousand years here in Adelaide in 2000, and became part of the pit crew helping out overnight when one of the cars crashed. He was given the shirt and team cap (signed by the team and drivers of the #5 GT3 Dirk Muller and Lucas Luhr) and also the Michelin podium cap which is pretty rare to get hold of. All for $25. Score!

Will eventually get it framed when I scan some pic's of the #5 car

nZZtwQmWvMxS3NdB82Y16TYWhg-nZgUAZwwFT5be

Go to collect it today, and the seller, Pete (who knows you @9er as he's a firey) tells me the story how he got hold of it. He was a firey at the Le Mans Race of a thousand years here in Adelaide in 2000, and became part of the pit crew helping out overnight when one of the cars crashed. He was given the shirt and team cap (signed by the team and drivers of the #5 GT3 Dirk Muller and Lucas Luhr) and also the Michelin podium cap which is pretty rare to get hold of. All for $25. Score!

Damn, stole it from under my nose;)

I can't resist a bargain, especially when the word Porsche comes up. I saw this shirt and coupla caps on Gumtree last night for $30 ono the lot, and being as it's Porsche racing royalty with Dick Barbour, I had to grab it.

Will eventually get it framed when I scan some pic's of the #5 car

Turd!

Dick Barber - is that a male manscaper?

Take a bow sir.

Archived