BELOVED BLUEBIRD FOR SALE....BWAAAAHHHH

Back in the late 90's I owned a TA22 Celica... When I started working at a Toyota dealer, I got a company car so stupidly sold it.

My dad ordered the same model Celica brand new for my mum, but after 6 months of waiting for the bastard to arrive the old man got frustrated and changed the order to a Corona...FFS!

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cool thread.. 

Back in the late 90's I owned a TA22 Celica... When I started working at a Toyota dealer, I got a company car so stupidly sold it.

Back then, the internet was via dialup and if you had a 56k modem, you were the shitzznick.

So it was sold via the trading post.. a father and son from 200km away came and bought it. The son, Jason, wasn't even old enough for his L's.. but Dad bought it for him to grow into.

Well a year or so ago, I got a message from young Jason.. trying to find out what brake discs I had put on the rear.. I couldn't believe he still has it :) Anyhow, of course I tried to buy it back, but he won't hear of it.. smart fellow!! Glad to see it went to a good home though.

Here is young me

uCb6rbB.jpg

How it was when I sold it

DQQk6ec.jpg

The engine I put in..

Bp7MKl8.jpg

And how it looks now

euCJw3D.jpg

UiAuQzl.jpg

in purple version it looks identical to my friends old one.  In fact I wonder if  he was a PO.

in blue it looks exactly like mine was, 'cept mine was a JDM GT with ridgey didge sidedraft mikunis and big long vents.  I added recaros, a new motor, jdm three piece wheels and a lot of km.  Way cool before that stuff was ever cool.  Just used to get laughs from my Monaro driving buddies.

I cry whenever I think of what I sold it for and would dearly love to have it back.  I don't remember anything about the guy that bought it except he brought a trailer with a v8 swapped hilux and couldn't get it away from me fast enough. I think he had/worked in a body shop on the Southside.

Archived