996 steering wheel

yangin

Hi guys,

I am looking to replace my 4 spoke for a 3 spoke steering wheel.

I have found an oem 3 spoke steering wheel from the US, will this be a direct replacement for my Aus delivered 996? Or will it be incompatible?

And what are your thoughts on a black steering wheel for space grey interior? Do you think the contrast will look odd or actually look nice?

Thanks.

And what are your thoughts on a black steering wheel for space grey interior? Do you think the contrast will look odd or actually look nice?

Thanks.

I'm old school, steering wheels should only be black... any other colour is just wrong ?

I have found one with airbag. Just need to ensure US wheel will fit without issue.

Great!  I'm pretty sure it will, based on a number of people here have fitted wheels from a guy in the US who re-trims them with a bit fatter grip.

The black wheel on grey should work with having the black trim surrounding the gauges and the upper console.

would the explosive in the airbag make it difficult to import?

Correct, it won't get through. I bought a Mercedes steering wheel a few years ago and they exploded the airbag prior to sending it (removed the skin and it was going into a non airbag car anyway). 

You're best off buying one from AU or at least the airbag from here. 

Also tiptronic and manual are different non interchange wheels. 

Archived