No ringtone in car

Diggin

Hi All,

curious problem has developed. I have a 2009 987.2 Boxster and a Samsung Galaxy Edge 6+ phone.

When I get phone calls, the PCM ringtone no longer comes on. The audio mutes, and my phone rings, and I get a message on the PCM screen that I have a call.

I've had a look in the PCM options and the ringtone option is no longer available. No other phone functions are affected, just the ringtone.

My local PC is doing some investigation as they've not come across this before, but I was hoping someone else out there may be experiencing this and hopefully has found a solution.

Cheers

Diggin.

I had a similar issue with the RLink2 in my RenaultSport.  When I used the RSMonitor and hung up a phone call, my audio system went dead. I ended up having to do a factory reset.  It still happens occasionally, but now all I have to do is get out, lock the car, wait 10 seconds, and restart.

Hay @Lucky Phil, has your phone done an update lately? 

Try deleting your phone from the car. Then turn your phone off then back on, then pair your phone back to your car.

I know some other makes are having the same issue, basically the phone software is out dating the hardware and is no longer completely compatible. Unfortunately for some owners the only fix is updating the head unit or just put up with it. My 2011 Holden had the same issue just before I traded it.

Not me Fraz.  I did have a problem with mine (under a different thread) but mine was repaired under warranty by PCB.  Needed a new PCM unit.  All good now

:blink: sorry mate, bit of brain fade there, good to hear yours is sorted.

Archived