New Cayenne

ANF

The rear/back is an improvement on the old one but the front...yes a bit meh...just like the front of the 718s. But then again, Porsche SUVs are IMHO a waste of money. They are neither great performance vehicles nor unique(they built so many of them - the depreciation on them is shocking).

You can't take them to the bush (nor would you want to) as they no longer have low range gearing (like the earlier diesels), are not as large as their sister Audi Q7s that can fit 7 adults, and if the rumours are correct, no longer feature diesel engines which would make towing a very expensive proposition fuel wise. A Panamera would make more (performance, practical and monetary) sense if all you wanted was to own the badge. But I'm sure that they will still sell a boatload of them.

+1  ..  For some reason, its bland.  Its neither sporty or has the heavy presence look.  Perhaps we are too used to the square looks, although I think the current series RR nailed it in the looks department.  

I was looking to replace the RR sport with this new series but Im not sold on it.  Maybe a GTS version might help ?

PS Andy like your style on the bike. The think the Cayenne would be any good for weekend shuttles up the hill ?

I used to shuttle in my RR Sport when i had it which always got some interesting looks. I remember some freeloader who bummed shuttles from me at Warburton got into the back of the Rangie and the first thing he said was, "It's not as nice as an X5." I pulled up and politely told him he could get out of my car and go try and find himself an X5. 

If that's you in your profile shot you're certainly getting some hang time!

If that's you in your profile shot you're certainly getting some hang time!

Yes me 10 years ago. Off the MX bike and racing gravity enduro these days here in Qld, although Im not sure its any easier on your body.  Definitely a class with a growing following though.  Interestingly Casey Stoner raced last weekend at Nerang Qld (3rd in Elite).  Clearly the guy doesn't need a motor to be fast on two wheels. 

Yes me 10 years ago. Off the MX bike and racing gravity enduro these days here in Qld, although Im not sure its any easier on your body.  Definitely a class with a growing following though.  Interestingly Casey Stoner raced last weekend at Nerang Qld (3rd in Elite).  Clearly the guy doesn't need a motor to be fast on two wheels. 

That's awesome. I know he was snapped riding in Whistler a couple of seasons ago.

Archived