986 / 996 / 997 service parts for sale

Since I sold my 2001 Boxster S earlier this year, I have several service parts that I no longer need as they don't fit my GT3.

1) Genuine Porsche water pump, part #996.106.011.57, brand new in box, complete with Elring Klinger gasket, part #996.106.340.54/30.  Fits 986/996/667 cars.   SOLD 

2) LN Engineering Spin On oil filter adaptor, Part #10601. Used once for approx. 1000km before removal. Perfect condition, easy installation.   SOLD 

3) 5 x spin on oil filters to suit above adaptor, Bosch brand.   SOLD 

4) Oil filter cutting tool (to open & inspect your oil filter without causing metal filings), Proform USA, part #66490, as new used once.   SOLD 

5) 4 x 5mm wheel spacers, ex Design Tek UK, excellent condition, fills out the wheel arches but will need 5mm extra long bolts.   $50.

6) Wayne Dempsey's "101 Projects for your Boxster" service manual, good condition, a must for servicing / modding your Boxster.  GONE (Russ)

7) Centre console, black, excellent condition. no scratches or tears, part #996.552.125. No hinged lid section, easy installation.  

Buyer pays postage - I'm located on the Sunshine Coast, an easy drive for anyone in Brisbane.

Jim,

I can confirm that its a genuine Porsche pump - the invoice from Pelican Parts comes with the pump detailing its genuine with a composite impeller (@$US291.75 plus delivery). 

I'll get a price for posting to Sydney tomorrow. Send me a PM if still interested.

Russ,

OK, sounds good. Send me your address and I will pop it in the post for you. I will send you my post details by return.

Stephen

Hello Shane,

Sorry, I don't have a (working) phone camera at the moment - I have just bought a new phone (last Friday) for my wife but its all wrapped up for Christmas. But rest assured, the console is in very good condition, the only reason I removed it was that I fitted a colour matched (gloss black) console in my Boxster S. At $150 its in better condition than the one I bought for $450 nearly 3 years ago.

Sorry if this is a problem.

Stephen

Hi Stephen

No problem and I will take it , however is this also OK to fit in a 996 ? For some reason I thought the very end of the console has an extra bit ?

That's why I wanted the photo , I'll do some research and there maybe other smart 996 / 986 people on the forum.

Speak soon - will send a PM

S

Shane,

As far as I know, the 986 / 996 console is identical to 2002 - the part # 996.552.125 is the clue to being correct. There were some changes to the hinge mechanism as the early ones tended to break. I will double check the part number again later this morning when I get back from town.

Stephen

Shane,

I'm 99% sure the console fits both 986 & 996, but you MAY need a better designed hinge kit with a metal plate, part #996.552.960.01. I had to get this from Porsche Centre Brisbane for my new console. Its pop riveted onto a much stronger steel plate, but your 996 may already have it depending on the year.

Your local OPC may be able to advise but I wouldn't guarantee it....

Stephen.

The 996 Carrera / 986 Boxster LN Engineering spin on oil filter (SPOF) kit & Bosch filters are still available. This system is a real improvement to the original cartridge filter as it is a full flow type of filtering system - just read what Jake Raby and Charles Navarro advise & recommend. That's 5 x oil filter changes for $150 and as easy as pie to remove with no mess . The Proform cutting tool allows you to open & inspect the SPOF filters for debris - only takes 5 minutes to cut open the metal filter to look for metal or plastic chain tensioner material in the oiling system.

9 hours ago, Stephen Tinker said:

The 996 Carrera / 986 Boxster LN Engineering spin on oil filter (SPOF) kit & Bosch filters are still available. This system is a real improvement to the original cartridge filter as it is a full flow type of filtering system - just read what Jake Raby and Charles Navarro advise & recommend. That's 5 x oil filter changes for $150 and as easy as pie to remove with no mess . The Proform cutting tool allows you to open & inspect the SPOF filters for debris - only takes 5 minutes to cut open the metal filter to look for metal or plastic chain tensioner material in the oiling system.

OK, I'm tempted having just taken delivery of 996.2 today.   Assume OK with the 3.6 as well as 3.4.  Can you work out postage to Tassie?

thanks

Congrats on the new 996 - I've been following your journey over the last couple of weeks - you must be like a dog with two tails.......

Yes the SPOF fits the M96 3.6 engine as well as the 3.4, 3.2 etc. I assume you want the adaptor , do you want the 5 x filters and the Proforn cutting tool as well?

Whatever combo you want, let me know and I will weigh the package and go to Aust. Post tomorrow and get a delivery price for you.

Can you let me know what items you require and your Tas. postcode.

Stephen

9 hours ago, Stephen Tinker said:

Congrats on the new 996 - I've been following your journey over the last couple of weeks - you must be like a dog with two tails.......

Yes the SPOF fits the M96 3.6 engine as well as the 3.4, 3.2 etc. I assume you want the adaptor , do you want the 5 x filters and the Proforn cutting tool as well?

Whatever combo you want, let me know and I will weigh the package and go to Aust. Post tomorrow and get a delivery price for you.

Can you let me know what items you require and your Tas. postcode.

Stephen

Let's go for the lot, postage to 7250.  Discussion at PCT Christmas lunch today was that it could be a good idea and make oil changes easier to do (could do myself).  Let me know the weight too, as friends who live at Mountain Creek are visiting over Xmas, and depending how far away you are from there, and whether they have any room, they might be able to bring down....

thanks

Archived