WTB - 8-Pole Electrical Connector for Electric Seats

GUT

Looking for two 8-pole male connectors for 911 electric seats.

The one at the end of this:

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Porsche-944-951-S2-968-OEM-Seat-Position-Switch-016/173008311758?hash=item28481955ce:g:6DkAAOSwIFtaIHlK

I can't find anyone selling just the connector, either new or secondhand.

Would appreciate any leads.

Cheers,

Luke

Adam's right with the housings: 999 652 395 40 and 999 652 396 40 and they are available at Design 911 for a few dollars each:

http://www.design911.com/pages/diagramsBrowser.aspx?categoryID=9&diagramID=2187

Sorry can't figure out the pins though but my memory, albeit occasionally faulty, suggests the same pins are also used in the round style plugs (like used in the ignition harness) so you may be able to figure the part numbers by studying the PET electrical section closely or ratting them from other old harnesses. (The pins and sockets are soldered to the wires and not crimped so are re-useable)    

There seems to be more specific electrical connector info in the 964/993 PETs than the PETs for the earlier models even though the same seat harness connectors were adopted some 20 years earlier.

Or call James at Autohaus........

Update - so it turns out one part is NLA and since I need both, I'm still on the lookout.

I think my best bet is a couple of secondhand ones from somewhere...

Or I just change both male and female to generic modern connectors

On 04/12/2017 at 5:39 AM, GUT said:

Looking for two 8-pole male connectors for 911 electric seats.

The one at the end of this:

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Porsche-944-951-S2-968-OEM-Seat-Position-Switch-016/173008311758?hash=item28481955ce:g:6DkAAOSwIFtaIHlK

I can't find anyone selling just the connector, either new or secondhand.

Would appreciate any leads.

Cheers,

Luke

real men have manually operated seats

56 minutes ago, Ozvino said:

its a 928 - we all know the electrics died years ago ;)

You must have a dodgy one! That's one thing that does work on mine ;)

Spyder electrified too no doubt! So you are at least 2 parts not real :Chuckle2:

1 hour ago, ANF said:

You must have a dodgy one! That's one thing that does work on mine ;)

Spyder electrified too no doubt! So you are at least 2 parts not real :Chuckle2:

I was taking the piss, 928 seats work - and actually the Spyder has fully manual adjust seats (forward/rear position only), they are the GT3 Carbon Fibre buckets, no lumbar adjust - real mens seats, for hairdressers...

7 minutes ago, Ozvino said:

I was taking the piss, 928 seats work - and actually the Spyder has fully manual adjust seats (forward/rear position only), they are the GT3 Carbon Fibre buckets, no lumbar adjust - real mens seats, for hairdressers...

I know :)

I thought tents had elec seats, learn something everyday!

4 minutes ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

methinks ANF has too much time on his hands.  Remember the comment about improvements in productivity of Porsche owners when the Forum was having "issues" a month or so back:Chuckle2::Chuckle2:

But yes, excellent detective work Adam

Owning an older Porsche you need to get creative sometimes to find parts... :)

• 3 weeks later...

Archived